pop

White House responds fast!

"Iran was dangerous, Iran is dangerous and Iran will be dangerous if they have the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon."

So the best plan is to invade them and use that thingy that erased minds in Men in black so they don’t remember how to make bombs.

Sounds like another great plan by the commander in chief.

Iran is a perfect "what if" scenrio. I think the best option here is a taser.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I do happen to think that bush isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I've seen laddles that are sharper then that knife.

what does that say about the people who voted him in? :S

I would vote for him again over anything your side has offered up:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't doubt that B|

I don't doubt that B|

Here, let me play a game your side likes to play.

If Kerry or Gore would have been elected I have no doubt 3000 more would have been killed in terro attacks because of either of thier limp dick policies
Abraham Lincoln

You are assuming we had a better alternative.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

If Kerry or Gore would have been elected I have no doubt 3000 more would have been killed in terro attacks because of either of thier limp dick policies

At least you couldn't accuse Bill Clinton of having a "limp dick policy.":P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

At least you couldn't accuse Bill Clinton of having a "limp dick policy.":P
:D
Abraham Lincoln

You often seem to reply with 3-4 one liners to my posts. I picture someone fuming at their computer, thinking of things they _should_ have said before they hit POST.

From the beginning you have been one of the most fervent Bush supporters here. You seem to interpret everything he does in terms of victory, and you uniformly condemn his detractors. The worst criticism you've made of him is along the lines of "I may not agree with everything he has done, but . . ."

So I am not surprised that you interpret this as another Bush victory. Heck, if another 9/11 occurred, I suspect you'd get busy proclaiming Bush's victory over the people who doubted his scary talk about terrorists.

But hey, that's what Speaker's Corner is for.

You often seem to reply with 3-4 one liners to my posts. I picture someone fuming at their computer, thinking of things they _should_ have said before they hit POST.

From the beginning you have been one of the most fervent Bush supporters here. You seem to interpret everything he does in terms of victory, and you uniformly condemn his detractors. The worst criticism you've made of him is along the lines of "I may not agree with everything he has done, but . . ."

So I am not surprised that you interpret this as another Bush victory. Heck, if another 9/11 occurred, I suspect you'd get busy proclaiming Bush's victory over the people who doubted his scary talk about terrorists.

But hey, that's what Speaker's Corner is for

?

Your post here is a perfect expample of a menality that is so narrow in forcus it is scary.

I do support Bushs Irag and security policies. You don't. The difference between you and me is only that I think you are wrong. You act like you think I am stupid and brain washed. Which attitude has the most arogance in it. You think I was "duped" into following his Iraq policy. Who is the arogant one in that thought process.

Example from this thread. I post
"It would appear that the Presidents actions in the Mid East and his policies are working"

I ask you know. Why did Iran stop it's nuke policy? You know or imply you know what was not considered in thier stopping the program. Please share with us your superior intel

Your reply to me.
"Of course. From a Bush supporter's perspective:

Iran has no nuclear weapons - Bush's policies are working.
Iran has nuclear weapons - Bush was right about Iran.

Violence in Iraq goes up - Bush was right about "drawing in the terrorists" so we don't have to fight them here.
Violence in Iraq goes down - Bush was right about the surge.

Venezuela votes for changes to their constitution - Bush was right about Chavez.
Venezuela votes against changes to their constitution - Bush's plan is working.

It's always easy to make it seem you're winning by spinning it the right way

Dam respectful dont you think:S

A post comes up about Iran and the imediate response from you and the left is that it is a failure for Bush. How so? I simply pointed out that maybe his policies had something to do with it but ooohhhh no. You cant even consider that.

I post a link that shows that maybe the intel report you all were gloating over maybe fucked. No response. Why not? Are you so confident that Bush is and idiot that it can not be possible?

Blindness is not becoming of you. Closed eyed aroaganse because you know you are the only correct thinking person that has a opinion is even worse.

You insult and belittle me when you do not agree. I respond in kind because the hollier than thou attitude is discusting.

I do not hit send and wish I didnt. I will not be doing that this time either

Oh, and screw spell check.
Figure it out

Abraham Lincoln

It would appear that the Presidents actions in the Mid East and his policies are working.

Bush's actions prolly didn't help at all.

The signal event of that period was the agreement in Tehran on Oct. 21, 2003 between the foreign ministers of Iran and the three European states.

In the agreement, Iran renounced nuclear weapons, pledged to sign and begin ratification of the Additional Protocol, and "voluntarily to suspend all uranium enrichment and reprocessing activities as defined by the IAEA".

The three European foreign ministers pledged, in turn, to "co-operate with Iran to promote security and stability in the region, including the establishment of a zone free from weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East in accordance with the objectives of the United Nations."

The Bush administration had opposed the initiative of the European three in offering a political agreement with Iran that would offer security and other concessions as part of a broader deal. The administration wanted to bring Iran quickly before the United Nations Security Council so that it would be subject to international sanctions.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Another thing sir. talking down your nose to me is not going to make me shut up. That tactic dont fly with me any more. I have enough confidence in my beliefs that you cant shut me up with that way(like you do to others)
Abraham Lincoln

It would appear that the Presidents actions in the Mid East and his policies are working.

That may be but at least this reply has a modicum of respect in it[:/]

All the Bush bashers are sure positive they know what did not work though arent they

Abraham Lincoln

A post comes up about Iran and the imediate response from you and the left is that it is a failure for Bush. How so? I simply pointed out that maybe his policies had something to do with it but ooohhhh no. You cant even consider that.

The most likely conclusion to be drawn from the NIE is that when Bush told us over and over about Iran's nuclear weapons program he was telling big fibs, and when Ahmadinejad told us Iran didn't have a nuke weapons program he was being truthful, and when GWB told us than Ahmadinejad couldn't be trusted, he was deluded.

Ahmadinejad has been far more honest than Bush.

Another thing sir. talking down your nose to me is not going to make me shut up. That tactic dont fly with me any more. I have enough confidence in my beliefs that you cant shut me up with that way(like you do to others)

Faith in your beliefs, in the face of overwhelming evidence that you are wrong, is indeed a wonderful thing.

Faith in your beliefs, in the face of overwhelming evidence that you are wrong, is indeed a wonderful thing.

I await your evidence
Abraham Lincoln

You nor anyone has yet responded to my question related to why, in 2003 they did stop. You know what factors did not go into that choice, what made them stop? The NIE you and the left is drooling over seems to indicate that the program was going on before that time.

Again, you know (or indicate that you know) what did not have anything to do with them stopping. Since you know that, what DID help them decide to stop?
Abraham Lincoln

The signal event of that period was the agreement in Tehran on Oct. 21, 2003 between the foreign ministers of Iran and the three European states.

In the agreement, Iran renounced nuclear weapons, pledged to sign and begin ratification of the Additional Protocol, and "voluntarily to suspend all uranium enrichment and reprocessing activities as defined by the IAEA".

The three European foreign ministers pledged, in turn, to "co-operate with Iran to promote security and stability in the region, including the establishment of a zone free from weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East in accordance with the objectives of the United Nations."

The Bush administration had opposed the initiative of the European three in offering a political agreement with Iran that would offer security and other concessions as part of a broader deal. The administration wanted to bring Iran quickly before the United Nations Security Council so that it would be subject to international sanctions.

You think this did it huh? Ok

Edited to add

It states they will stop enrichment. Has Iran done that?
Abraham Lincoln

Bush's ship is sinking. Is anyone still taking him seriously anymore?

On who's watch did Iran decide to give up the pursuit of nucular weapons, and why.

If an Iranian cries 'Uncle' in the desert and nobody hears, did he cry 'Uncle'.

Of course we can believe and trust the nuke program has stopped because of the agreement you posted. They obviously have stopped the enrichment program too:S

Abraham Lincoln

I await your evidence

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

It must be very difficult continuing year after year to defend an administration that has been proven to lie to the Congress and the people, to have run roughshod over guaranteed rights, to have presided over record deficits, to have stood by while the value of the nation's currency drops into the gutter, to have started an immoral war under false pretenses that continues to drain American lives and treasure.

I have to say I admire your tenacity even if your judgment is terrible.

I await your evidence

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

It must be very difficult continuing year after year to defend an administration that has been proven to lie to the Congress and the people, to have run roughshod over guaranteed rights, to have presided over record deficits, to have stood by while the value of the nation's currency drops into the gutter, to have started an immoral war under false pretenses that continues to drain American lives and treasure.

I have to say I admire your tenacity even if your judgment is terrible.

No lies to congress. That is the lie you keep spitting.

Rought shod over rights? another lie. All the "examples" you bring have been debunked. Now, if you want to say he perpetuated the trend I would be more inclind to agree. However, you seem to perpetuate the Bush did it first lie. 0 for 2.

I will give you the spending crap. His record sucks on that the war not withstanding 1 for 3

It would be nice if you could hang the dollar drop but sorry sir, just your talking point 1 for 4.

The war was the right thing. Sorry you cant see that but then, you need that to defend your lie, lie 1 for 5.

Drain treasure, my arent you the word smith.

I still await the "evidence" you spoke of and oh, with a 1 and 5 record, you would be fired
Abraham Lincoln

It would appear that the Presidents actions in the Mid East
>and his policies are working.

Of course. From a Bush supporter's perspective:

Iran has no nuclear weapons - Bush's policies are working.
Iran has nuclear weapons - Bush was right about Iran.

Violence in Iraq goes up - Bush was right about "drawing in the terrorists" so we don't have to fight them here.
Violence in Iraq goes down - Bush was right about the surge.

Venezuela votes for changes to their constitution - Bush was right about Chavez.
Venezuela votes against changes to their constitution - Bush's plan is working.

It's always easy to make it seem you're winning by spinning it the right way!

It beats the left hand spin that comes from Congress.

The surge won't work.
The surge isn't working.
The war is lost.