WooHoo

7 cell v 9 cell

Luckily it wouldn't be more than 1:1, the canopy is listed as a 170 with a maximum weight capacity of 254 or something like that. Pretty high for even the newer canopies from what I've seen. Of course feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Luckily it wouldn't be more than 1:1, the canopy is listed as a 170 with a maximum weight capacity of 254 or something like that. Pretty high for even the newer canopies from what I've seen. Of course feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

While I don't know the performance on that canopy, I just wanted to make sure you are clear on one item...

A 1:1 is your exit weight vs square footage. For an "F111" material canopy, this is the generally accepted wing loading for a safe landing speed/performance.

The TSO 254lb max load is based on their testing for structural damage at openning. NOT on the survivability of landing the thing. Just because is won't blow up or have any structural issues, don't mean the landing will be... comfortable....

(If I've underestimated you knowledge, sorry... If on the other hand this is new information, talk to you instructor and/or rigger.)

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

You didn't underestimate, I got a little carried away. The person who is trying to sell me this reserve and rig has said himself that the glide slope is real good on this canopy, and the prior owner confirmed that. But you're totally right, the max weight on the canopy means very little with regards to glide slope and safe landings.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I currently jump a Spectre and really enjoy it. However I am currently buying a new rig, and a number of people have said I will have more fun flying a nine cell.

A seven cell is pretty nice when you have a collision at 100ft which knocks you into line twists and collapses your end cells.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A seven cell is pretty nice when you have a collision at 100ft which knocks you into line twists and collapses your end cells.

Sure. Its even packs itself it you say the magic word.B|

"PACKER!" works for 7 and 9 cells.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sure. Its even packs itself it you say the magic word.B|

"PACKER!" works for 7 and 9 cells.:)

Sure. 7 cell are superior. Everyone should have at least one in the reserve container.B|