Tonto

Does size count?

6.5mm Grendel:)
I know about the reloading part, I hope to have a Dillon 650xl by ChristmasB|

I would have no problem with just having a single stage, but I do have a few rifles that can really eat up ammo.[:/]

It would not be hard to to through 2k rounds a day at a range.

LULA loaders, and MAGLULA are really big time savers.

I have one AR15...
That is shooting 123grain Lapua Scenars
Or shooting 130grain Berger VLD

Um, what caliber are you talking about?
This doesn't sound like .223 ammo...

I wish you lived closer so you could try it out on a few 1000yard targets and see what your impression was.B|

Dr. Bordson of course would always be welcome to play with my weapons any time she wants.:)

I would have no problem with just having a single stage,

I think loading for a .50 on anything but a single stage is a waste.. and I'm not sure I would have the strength to power multiple stages on a caliber that big anyway.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Yeah, the Barret website states, ""The California legislature has banned the .50 BMG from the good citizens of the state of California, violating their rights and the constitution of our republic. Therefore, Barrett will not sell to or service any California government agencies."

t

Yeah, here's another pic. Most of these are .50 BMG and still in production. The shorter one behind the pink slip is in .338 Lapua.

All 4, (.338 Lapua, .50 BMG, 14.5mm Russian and 20mm) use the same frame, stock and bipod. All are bolt action.

t

Hehe... I got to fire one of those at the range when they were still legal in CA. Stupid anti-gun idiots banned them, even though in recorded history, nobody's ever killed anybody with one.

To be more precise, no crime has ever been committed with one by a civilian outside a war zone.

50BMG: When you absolutely, positively, have to put a big-ass hole in it from a mile away.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I know about the reloading part, I hope to have a Dillon 650xl by ChristmasB| I would have no problem with just having a single stage, but I do have a few rifles that can really eat up ammo.[:/]

Since I've gotten into 1,000 yard shooting, I've gone back to my single stage press. The Dillon 550 progressive press just doesn't dispense the powder accurately enough. A difference of plus or minus two-tenths of a grain is huge at 1,000 yards. Hell, every tiny variable is magnified huge at that distance.

This is especially true for extruded powders like IMR 4895, which have irregular shapes and lengths, and don't meter consistently well. Ball powders are better, but those aren't what are used at long distances, generally. I'm currently using Reloder-15 for my M-14 1,000 yard shooting, as well as my AR-15 (.223) 600-yard stage, and it's working well.

For 100-yard shooting, this stuff doesn't matter much though.

The Dillon 650 will pump out a lot of ammo, but if you want long-range precision, I recommend doing each step manually by hand, and weighing each powder charge.

Hehe... I got to fire one of those at the range when they were still legal in CA. Stupid anti-gun idiots banned them, even though in recorded history, nobody's ever killed anybody with one.

Don't look now, but Ahnold has a Bill on his desk, which would require "microstamping" technology in all new handguns, which would effectively ban the sale of all handguns in California, since the technology doesn't really exist. It's yet another one of the gun-o-phobes back-door tricks to eliminate guns.

Call him now and tell him to trashcan that Bill.

Our Gov. Blowjobabitch, has said many times that a .50cal BMG is not needed and can be used for nothing but sniping and shooting down Jet Airliners.

Of course, .30 caliber rifles could potentially do that too. So once the public accepts that excuse as a valid rationale for banning the .50's, then they'll be coming for our .308 deer rifles next.

I know about the reloading part, I hope to have a Dillon 650xl by ChristmasB| I would have no problem with just having a single stage, but I do have a few rifles that can really eat up ammo.[:/]

Since I've gotten into 1,000 yard shooting, I've gone back to my single stage press. The Dillon 550 progressive press just doesn't dispense the powder accurately enough. A difference of plus or minus two-tenths of a grain is huge at 1,000 yards. Hell, every tiny variable is magnified huge at that distance.

This is especially true for extruded powders like IMR 4895, which have irregular shapes and lengths, and don't meter consistently well. Ball powders are better, but those aren't what are used at long distances, generally. I'm currently using Reloder-15 for my M-14 1,000 yard shooting, as well as my AR-15 (.223) 600-yard stage, and it's working well.

For 100-yard shooting, this stuff doesn't matter much though.

The Dillon 650 will pump out a lot of ammo, but if you want long-range precision, I recommend doing each step manually by hand, and weighing each powder charge.

Thanks for the advice John, and I will keep it in mind.

I have a friend with lots of experience in reloading, he has a single stage, maybe we can continue to load on his press for the most accurate stuff.

I wanted to load via the 650 if I could get the results I wanted, maybe it will just get used for volume loading and thats all.

I really could use it for 5.56, .308win and 9mm, I could use up alot of ammo in those calibers.

As for .270win and 6.5mm Grendel, I would be happy using single stage as I won't be expending nearly as many rounds with those rifles.

damn I miss the days where I could shoot until I got bored, now you need a truck full of money to do that.

I would like to stay with 4895IMR for all the rifles I have as they all can use that powder.

Currently I was getting reloads made in .270win using 4350IMR, really accurate too using 130grain BT in the Remington760, it shoots really tight groups.

I would like to stay with 4895IMR for all the rifles I have as they all can use that powder.

Yep, that's a great powder for a lot of high-power rifles.

Reloder-15 seems to be in favor with a lot of long range shooters, because it is more stable temperature-wise. The 4895 will cause pressure variances depending upon temperature - it shoots different in winter than it does in summer. And then you have to modify your loads based upon the season.

I'm also getting better velocity with Reloder-15. The 4895 was hardly staying supersonic at 1,000-yards, and with Reloder-15 it's doing much better. This is judged by how load the supersonic "crack" is when it passes over the heads of the target-pullers.

Call him now and tell him to trashcan that Bill.

Phone calls have been made, letters have been written.

Hopefully, if he signs it, it'll get tossed out by the court, because it effectively bans all new firearms, since the technology doesn't exist and would be ridiculously expensive.

Hell, if it looks like it's going to be implemented, I'll file a challenge myself if nobody's done it already, although I'm sure the NRA is already all over it.

damn I miss the days where I could shoot until I got bored, now you need a truck full of money to do that.

Not really. On the other end of the scale are PCP's. Accurate enough to hit a Neptune battery 10/10 at 50m (55y) or a 6fl oz soft drink can at 100m, (110y) with no reloading, and around 2 US cents a shot.

I've attached a pic of 2 of mine. Both are silenced, which you're not allowed to do there. They make no noise in this configuration. (You wouldn't hear it from 25 yards away in an open field with no ambient noise. Leatherman Wave for scale.

Dealing with the trajectory of a 12 ft lb, 8gr projectile in a 10 kt crosswind at 100+ yards will tax all the same skills of a 1000m shot, with none of the cost.

t

We can have suppressed Air rifles, but there are some factors involved such as whether or not the suppressor can be detached (able to be used on another weapon)

The Airforce Airguns have a muzzle mounted over the bbl tube that strips the turbulence resulting in a suppressed rifle, just don't go stuffing baffles in it;)

Of course if you get a Form 1 you can have a suppressor if the state you live in allows it.

I have one in my closet, but I cannot use it, as it is a gift for a close friends retirement.

The thing is pretty damned sweet, it has up to 1250fps on a 40grain .22cal pellet.

It has a Lothar Walther bbl and it seems pretty nice, I think I will make a custom hardwood pistol grip for it, the OEM pistol grip is smallish.

Of course if you turn it up that high don't expect the sonic crack to go away.

Both rifles are made by Air Arms in England. (Hi John!;))

The camo I did myself. The rifle is an AA S200 and actually belongs to my SO. Both are equal in power, but the 400 has the edge in consistency due to a larger tank and a flatter power curve, and the 200 is compact enough to carry around all day.

Both have Nikko Sterling Platinum series scopes. (6 - 24 x 56 and 4 -16 x 44)

Pics of them "undressed" with no camo or moderators, only air strippers, and one of the 400S on the bipod.

t