ChasingBlueSky

Student tazered at public Kerry speech

Well,
You are warped...................

If you search youtube for STUN GUN there are tons of people hitting themselves with voltage and laughing hysterically. Man that would frustrate the cops if they zpped you and you started laughing. And yes I know the cop tasers are more powerful, but still.....

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Love the Shirt... Gotta have one.:D:D:D

Actually the "bro" comment may have been what really got him tasered. Kinda racist if you ask me and I dont think the large Black cop liked that very much.

"Call me a Bro, You spoiled little white College Kid".. "I will show you How THE MAN treats a Bro".. "ZAP!!!" "Now you see how a Bro Feels" "ZAP!!" "You Honkey Mo Fo!!""ZAP!!" "bro on that for a while":D:D:D

I never thought of the black thing, but that is pretty funny. I thought of it more like I would say 'bro' to a surfer bud years ago. If he said that trying to garner favor with the black cop, I may have to reverse myself!

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Hmm.....
Armed with two knives and a hammer.......
Guess they could have shot her with a bunch of beanbags or other impact items.
The officers could have bum-rushed her and got stabbed, but wait, that's what we get paid to do right?
You or I have no idea what happened in this situation, only the ones present do. I don't rush to judgement, especially based on media accounts.
Guess I am a pussy because I have no desire to rush ANYONE with a knife, let alone two and a hammer.
A tazer would let me resolve situations from a distance.
If you have read all my posts you we see that we don't carry tazers, also if officers abuse them or use them in lieu of good communication skills then they should be disciplined.

But as it usually goes when people are confronted with facts in this forum, some in the thread have started name calling.

Yeah, cops NEVER abuse civilians (Abner Louima) or use excessive force (Amadou Diallo). Never.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Look closely,
I never say never in any of my posts. All the cops in the Louima case are serving lengthy prison sentences, rightfully so.

The Diallo case is a very unfortunate, his family received a large settlement and again rightfully so.
I also never said cops are perfect, but when we make mistakes, people can die. Two cases vs hundreds of thousands of contacts since they both occurred, again not a bad record.

Nice try at changing the subject, read my posts then argue those facts on the case of the kid in Florida.

Typical tactic of the left, try to change the focus of the situation at hand rather than look at the relevant facts. I haven't used the term "left" yet until replying to your post, you've always made your views quite clear.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

and none of us civilians are innocent...ever...
oh sure...one case in thousands...but the cops are typically right....and add the fact that they can and do typically lie in court given that they're more than likely to be believed. as opposed to the poor citizen that cannot afford to defend themselves ...

Look closely,
I never say never in any of my posts. All the cops in the Louima case are serving lengthy prison sentences, rightfully so.

The Diallo case is a very unfortunate, his family received a large settlement and again rightfully so.
I also never said cops are perfect, but when we make mistakes, people can die. Two cases vs hundreds of thousands of contacts since they both occurred, again not a bad record.

Nice try at changing the subject, read my posts then argue those facts on the case of the kid in Florida.

Typical tactic of the left, try to change the focus of the situation at hand rather than look at the relevant facts. I haven't used the term "left" yet until replying to your post, you've always made your views quite clear.

What does left or right have to do with police misconduct? Is it only the left that objects?

Why is this ex-cop still free?

What does this remotely have to do with this thread?
This time I won't bite, stay on topic..........stay on topic........(in my best X-wing fighter pilot voice)....

Police misconduct has nothing to do with this thread?

It does, and it has been addressed ad nauseum.
The topic was .......Student tazed at public Kerry speech.

By the way your post says ex-cop, from the looks of it that is a good thing. I would be the first to agree, it would appear lately that Chi town has had some issues.

I cant believe you people !!!

Does the term "police state" mean anything to you at all ?? STICK TO THE FACTS HERE. And you cops out there should know this. Lets pretend that you dillusional idiots are right, and this guy DID do "something" to ellicit arrest. If there is a public forum and someone is no longer "welcome", THEY SHOULD BE FIRST ASKED TO LEAVE. This was not done. These goons grabbed the guy without warning. I got news for you dumbasses. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR RIGHTS ARE. You HAVE the RIGHT to resist wrongful arrest. THIS WAS PURE ASSAULT in its most basic form and John Kerry is a piece of shit for not telling these goons to get off the guy and standing idly by as he is assaulted in front of 300+ people. This display of police brutality makes me vomit. America is going to the dogs.
- Healthcare
- The Dollar
- The Deficit
- Dying soldiers
- etc. etc. etc.

This guy was a douchebag . . . so what . . . ask him to leave. This was not done. AMERICA has lost everything its ever fought to achieve. Patriot Act MY ASS !!

- - i was sent here to disturb the peace - -

Thanks for that.
Take it from a long time cop, we are far from a police state. If we were so close, why is my job so hard? In a good police state I could sit back and chill, a heck of alot more than I do now.

Your job is not SUPPOSED to be SIT AND CHILL !!! I can't even believe you said that. You are a cop. You took a job, by your own free will and swore and oath to serve and protect. For that we commend you. But guess what smokey ?? If you could sit and chill, you'd be out of a job !!! There are serious threats out there. This moron was not even close to a threat. And YES, it is a police state. Our beloved government's fear-mongering is so intense that we shit bricks about everything. This "KID" had a book in his hand. He was treated as if he had a gun. By the way . . . 6 cops ?? The two biggest to tackle him ?? then a TAZER to boot ?? FUCKING COWARDS !!! I'm ashamed to be an American.

Are kidding me, I give way more breaks than I do arrests.

Again, a few people try to change the subject of this thread.
If you want to rant and rave, start another thread. If that is the case I would choose not to participate because in a rant thread, facts seldom matter.

Are you trying to dictate th facts of this thread ??? Typical Cop i see. The thread is an "OPEN" discussion about the facts behind this event. Precisely what I have been talking about. I don't want to argue with you, there are two camps :

- The little fucker deserved it

AND

- police brutality

you choose the first option, I choose the second option. NOW WHAT ? NOTHING ! The world keeps spinning and authority figures will continue to abuse power.

Its funny, I got my hands on the police report (its downloadable from the UFPD), and thats what really got me fired up over this. The report has nothing but police accounts of what happened. Not one person from the 300+ that were there, got to submit an eyewitness account. By the way, the officer's accounts - every one of them - NOT WHAT WE SEE IN THE VIDEO. Surprise !! Cops lying ?? hmmm THANK GOD FOR VIDEO AND GLOD BLESS YOU TUBE !! (I mean America)

Not dictating anything, up until very recently this has been a civil discussion, with some good points and discussion.
Like I said, start a screw the cops thread or something. Then I'll choose not to go down to the playground, I'd rather stay upstairs with the adults.

Kerry is a Presidential candidate, some idiot starts jumping up and down screaming, and resists...you take him down and get him out.

If he fights the police, in most areas that is a felony...lucky he ONLY got tazed.

You HAVE the RIGHT to resist wrongful arrest.
~Yes you do, but not physically to someone holding actual powers of arrest that is identified as such.

You can verbally demand evidentiary proof of the infraction, but physically resist...nope.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's right brother, and that's exactly what he DOES throughout the start of the take down.

QUOTE " What did I do, what did I do . . . ?? "

He asked multiple times, with no answer. You CANNOT TAKE A GUY DOWN AND TAZER HIM WITHOUT GIVING HIM A CHANCE TO LEAVE PEACEFULLY !!! THIS OPPORTUNITY WAS NEVER AFFORDED TO HIM.

That's right brother, and that's exactly what he DOES throughout the start of the take down.

QUOTE " What did I do, what did I do . . . ?? "

He asked multiple times, with no answer. You CANNOT TAKE A GUY DOWN AND TAZER HIM WITHOUT GIVING HIM A CHANCE TO LEAVE PEACEFULLY !!! THIS OPPORTUNITY WAS NEVER AFFORDED TO HIM.

Watch again, you pull away, jump up & down and run...that's resisting.

You don't have to yell...all caps just make for a good case to get tazed. :D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Done,
Done with what?
Read the whole thread dude, I addressed almost every aspect of police brutality the good, the bad, and the ugly. I admit there have been very ugly incidents, this is not one of them.

As far a me chilling, in a good police state I (guess) I could kick some innocent citizens ass. Then go back to HQ and chill, then go kick some more ass, go grab some lunch, kick more ass, then chill again.

Instead when I use force or one of my guys uses force. I spend two hours doing incident reviews, worry about use of force rates per officer, then look at further review by my boss then the Chief of Police.
Then there are complaints, I spend at least several hours a week dealing with citizen complaints, most are resolvable at my level. We pride ourselfs on the "broken windows" model of policing.
I attend community meetings and report on all citizen input.
In a good police state I would just chill in the office until it was time to kick ass, but then again WE DON'T LIVE IN A POLICE STATE do we? At least I don't, and I doubt you do.

Watch again, you pull away, jump up & down and run...that's resisting.

You don't have to yell...all caps just make for a good case to get tazed.

I have changed my position on this.
He was tased because he call a large Black man "Bro".

Dont call a Brotha "Bro" unless you are a actually in fact a "Bro" especially if he is holding a Taser.:o:D:D

Seriously.. Here in Atlanta if I were to call ANY black Man that I was not close personal friends with, "Bro" it would be considered a derogatory racist comment and would most likely get my ass kicked.

Don’t tase me, Man.. OK.
Don’t tase me, Dude.. OK
Don’t tase me, Sir.. Best bet.

Don’t tase me, Bro.. Not so smart.
;)

Its not resisting if you have not been formally charged or afforded the opportunity to leave. What is your malfunction ?? Yes, he tried to free himself from their grips. It was his right to do so. It is your right as an American to resist wrongful arrest, except most of you morons don't even know yours rights because you have succumbed to a "police state" and the "patriot act". There are legal precedents, look them up :

- "Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense." (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

- "An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery." (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

and as for the cowards in the audience who stood and watched this assault, YES, they too had a legal RIGHT to assist the guy, and there are legal precedents for that as well :

"One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance." (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

If you really want to get technical, and dig through legal precedents, you will find that you can even be acquitted of killing an arresting officer in defense if the arrest is unlawful :

"Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary." Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

Learn your rights people, we are supposed to be the land of the free !!!!! This guy was a shitty example of an innocent citizen ! He was a shmuck, a moron, a conspiracy-theorist, whatever you want to call him .............. he was a free american, and he did NOTHING WRONG !!! Stop giving police illegal power !!! ITs up to us, the citizens, to excersise our rights, no one will do it for us.

GOOD NIGHT.

>Good thing you don't live around here.

Your one warning.

For what? Telling some little faggot I don't like the way they refer to cops? Fucking punk can post all day so-called song lyrics about killing cops, call them pigs, etc., but I tell him he's lucky he don't live around here and you blow a gasket.

fear the fork...