CanuckInUSA

Roman Catholic Church only true church, says Vatican

What is an Agnostic anyway? You believe that there may be gods or may not be gods that exists out there, right? You don't know what to believe until it is proven to you, right?

wrong, some of us just {{don't know and don't care}} enough to make a statement of belief, and don't need to take a stand either way on an issue of 'pure faith' (defined as something that is unprovable - either way).

Looking at this board, Atheists 'care' quite a bit and are a bit (ready for the religious term?) quite 'zealous' and emotional about it. The discussion are rude and only serve as a vehicle for them to bash others to build themselves up. I think it's a bit of self stroking, but mostly just laziness as there used to be quite a few intelligent atheists that used to be able to debate the topic well. Today, no one takes the effort to understand the other side to enable a good discussion.

Your activist atheist anymore, is really someone that's less of a "my personal belief is that there is no god" but rather "I think all believers are nutjobs and it makes me feel good about myself to belittle others."

key word "activist", that means your decent atheist is being defined by their extreme element. Just like the decent and quietly religious. Strangely enough, I can't tell the difference in everyday conversation by the normal everyday Joe-atheist and Joe-religious. Both guys get the short end of the stick due to bad examples claiming to stand for them

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

there used to be quite a few intelligent atheists that used to be able to debate the topic well.

Debate the topic well? How may I ask you would any Atheist debate a topic about gods well? gods don't exist. That's our only answer to any subject about gods. Here's an example.

gods believer: If you don't pray 7 times a day, you'll go to hell.

Atheist: That's bullshit. What resource did you get that information from? How can you back it up?

gods believer: It's written here in my gods book. This prophet and that wiseman heard that message from the gods directly.

Atheist: I don't believe in gods.

gods believer: If you eat dolphin, you have sinned and will go to hell.

Atheist: That's bullshit. What resource did you get that information from? How can you back it up?

gods believer: Our gods as the flying burning bush told our greatest follower and greatest prophet that and spoke to him directly while he was harvesting his vegatables.

gods believer: If you break any of the 8 commandments, you'll go to hell.

gods believer: gods wrote that on tablets with his own fingers and gave it to our greatest follower and leader.

gods believer: Hell was created to punish you if you don't become a gods believer and do gods customs and rituals.

gods believer: gods told everyone back in the desert when he showed his true form to his people and warned them about what was to come if they didn't believe. gods even showed them what hell would be like if they didn't change their ways right then and there.

Plain and simply put. Atheists cannot offer a good argument on this subject because our only reply will be "gods don't exist" or "I don't believe in gods".
What do protesters want? Dead cops! When do they want it? Every 2 weeks!