StickyFingaZ

Taxes....

Posted from a friend of mine in a bulletin...

THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE PUSHING FOR TAXATION OF MARIJUANA ! NO NAMES MENTIONED!! CANNABIS WAS GIVEN TO ME FROM GOD I DO NOT FEEL I OWE UNCLE SAM SHIT FOR IT! DO YOU??

Thanks,Drew

Many thanks to: George
Date: May 29, 2007 5:08 PM

At first I thought this was funny...then I realized the awful truth of it.
Be sure to read all the way to the end!

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries, then
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin ,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
upon his tomb,
" Taxes drove me to my doom..."

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What the hell happened? Can you spell "politicians!"

And I still have to "press 1"
for English.

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times

Susan Brown
The Woods of East Texas
[email protected]

THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE PUSHING FOR TAXATION OF MARIJUANA ! NO NAMES MENTIONED!! CANNABIS WAS GIVEN TO ME FROM GOD I DO NOT FEEL I OWE UNCLE SAM SHIT FOR IT! DO YOU??

A legal, but heavily taxed bag of pot would still be a hell of a lot cheaper than the status quo. And no risk of getting 5-20 in jail either. I also suspect that if legalized, those growing it at home would probably be ok legally, or at least ignored.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

The poll tax existed, and a majority of the population had fewer rights then us white men. Mom stayed home whether she wanted to or not. It's also false to say that at the turn of the 20th Century America was the superpower. Hadn't happened yet. Took two world wars to make that the reality.

It's a shame that you guys are finally getting it, but only when comes down to your drugs.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It goes back to Robin Hood. People think of Robin Hood as one who stole from the rich and gave to the poor. They tend to gloss over why the rich were rich and the poor were poor.

It used to be that ours was a government of limited powers. Not anymore. The Progressive movement started, as all movements do, with vilification of a stated enemy - the wealthy. Sure, the wealthy gave plenty of reasons to be villified, but Progressives had plenty of things they wanted.

First - they wanted to make the government more of a rubber stamp to the wants and desires of the people.
Second - they wanted market reform by tearing down the economically powerful, such as trusts and monopolies.
Third - they wanted to form a better society, and thus championed things like suffrage, welfare, employee rights, minimum wages, and prohibition of drugs and alcohol ("Big Brother")
Fourth - a stronger federal government because backward places should be compelled to do things their way.
Fifth - an appreciation of the environment ({back then it was only the pretty stuff - they still looked towards wholesale slaughter of natural pests and diseases).

The Federal Government can't do all this without money. A non-apportioned Income Tax would be the best way to do all this. First, it would make government more responsive to people's wishes by providing it with more power. Second, it would tax the rich so that they would not be as rich. Third, it would provide money to the poor and working class that they figured the rich should pay, anyway, this redistributing income. Fourth, it would make the Federal Government the big boy on the block and strangthen it, thus making it better able to enforce its will by hitting the baddies in the wallet for not playing ball. And for the environment, it allowed the government to set aside lands for those who wanted to keep industry from moving in.

The 16th Amendment, which authorized income tax, was passed in 1913. Incidentally, this is the timeframe when you find the feds banning drugs, etc., doing all those things that would create a better society.

The first income tax rate was 1% for incomes over $3k per year, and maxed out at 7% for incomes over $500k. It rose to over 75% for the highest bracket during WWI, but dropped to 25% afterward.

Of course, during the Depression, the tax rate really had to skyrocket to punish the wealthy - 75%. WWII created almost a 95% top marginal bracket. The top marginal tax rate remained at over 90% until the 1960's. (Can you imagine keeping less than a dime for every dollar you make?)

Congress dropped the top rate to a mere 70% in th emid 60's, where it stayed until 1981 lowered it to 50%. The 1986 Tax Reform Act dropped the top rate to 28%, where it rose to 40% and dropped again to 35% in 2001.

On top of that, you've got all of the other taxes that were mentioned.

The government needs to operate somehow.

My wife is hotter than your wife.