pop

Girl gets stoned to death...

...for falling in love outside of her religion. This is fuct up...have you seen this video? These people are prehistoric barbarians. This girl is 17 years old, and there are dozens of men watching her die. These people have no love.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=77-6OMB50Vo

Edited to say: Darius...how are you gonna justify this one?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Is that the same video that's in the gotta love cultures that stone people thread??? Or do these girls not learn from others' mistakes... [:/]

linz

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Why would I justify it? When was the last time I justifyed a stonning?

I am not the one searching and jerking off every time there is a story that shows the worst of muslims.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

...for falling in love outside of her religion. This is fuct up...have you seen this video? These people are prehistoric barbarians.

You just don't understand. Those people do love her, and this is the way to show love. According to their religion, they have just saved her from eternal sorrow in Hell (a Very Bad Thing). A very little price for such an achievement, isn't it?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

You just don't understand. Those people do love her, and this is the way to show love. According to their religion, they have just saved her from eternal sorrow in Hell (a Very Bad Thing). A very little price for such an achievement, isn't it?

Thats why they filmed it right? They done this wicked act to save her? Cruel to be kind?

That must be why they filmed it on their phones.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Thats why they filmed it right? They done this wicked act to save her?

Yep, absolutely correct. As you remember, "witches" in Middle Ages were burned in public as well. They didn't have phones to video it, but it has been described in a lot of books.

Cruel to be kind?

That's what most religions are for. Suffer and restrict yourself while you live, and you'll be rewarded after you're dead. When expanded to the most radical form, it ends up with Muslim terrorists, Christian which hunts and crusaders, and stuff like we're discussing.

Yep, absolutely correct. As you remember, "witches" in Middle Ages were burned in public as well. They didn't have phones to video it, but it has been described in a lot of books.

And do you think they all believed it to be right or just there for pure enjoyment?

And do you think they all believed it to be right or just there for pure enjoyment?

I think they do believe that they did right thing. Maybe a few do not believe, but they are smart enough to keep their mouth shut. Those who did not, already had their chance to share her destiny as well.
That's what every religion did before it was restricted by law - just look on Middle Ages history. Why should their be different?

Even if brought up in a brutal society i dont believe its too hard to distinguish acts of right and wrong.

Your whole definitions of what's right and what's wrong greatly depends on the society you grown up in. Look on Muslim fanatics who were told that killing unfaithful is right thing - they are SURE they do right thing, as they pay their own life. And if you pick up any moral topics like adultery, and ask a lot of people, you'd easily find both the people who thinks it is completely ok to have an affair, and the people who thinks it should be punished by death.

And "acts of right and wrong" are very vague itself. Is it right to have a death penalty (i.e. kill) for a murderer? It won't help a person who was murdered anyway. Is it right to have a death penalty for drug dealers, like they have in China? Is it right to have a death penalty for contempt of the King, like they have in Thailand?

I totally understand what you are saying but its just difficult for me to grasp the fact that all those people can stand there, not only let it happen but film it.

Even in a society that thinks its right must have some kind of feeling that its wrong to kill, just like people who think adultry is wrong but lets face it, can still slip up and commit it.

Not a good analogy as they are two totally differant things but you get what i mean.

Those people do love her, and this is the way to show love. According to their religion, they have just saved her from eternal sorrow in Hell (a Very Bad Thing).

Regardless of the sarcasm, that just isn't true.

I know of no religion in which the murder of sinners, heretics or blasphemers saves the victim from hell - it just sends them there a little quicker and lets the murderers excercise a little righteous anger.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>I am not the one searching and jerking off every time there is a story that
>shows the worst of muslims.

Uh, these people were yazidi, not muslim. (The yazidis have as much to do with islam as hassidic jews have to do with lutherans.)

I totally understand what you are saying but its just difficult for me to grasp the fact that all those people can stand there, not only let it happen but film it.

If you read about witch hunt, you'll find even scarier testimonials - like a priest personally tortured his mother and sister to death. There is a lot of similar examples of actions of the people who believe to have the God behind them - you can start from the Bible itself.

Even in a society that thinks its right must have some kind of feeling that its wrong to kill, just like people who think adultry is wrong but lets face it, can still slip up and commit it.

Those are excellent examples of hypocricy in society. Yes, it is wrong to kill (me), but it is still ok to kill (criminals/Bin Laden/Iraq/self-defense, and so on). If you look on it like that, you'll see that basically their society is no different than ours. We also have death penalty for some criminals, and people go watch it. Don't know about cell phone recordings though, except the Saddam one.

Not to mention there is a huge difference between just killing someone, and killing in the name of God. While most societies object the first one, the second one is sometime tolerated and even supported (if the killed was "wrong" person) in any society based on religion.

I know of no religion in which the murder of sinners, heretics or blasphemers saves the victim from hell

This case looks different to me. She just falled in love, but not married him yet, so the sin hasn't been commited.

I know of no religion in which the murder of sinners, heretics or blasphemers saves the victim from hell

This case looks different to me. She just falled in love, but not married him yet, so the sin hasn't been commited.

Uh, so consorting with a man outside of wedlock is not sinful? You didn't think that through did you?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?