chrismgtis

First Line Twist :)

Completed AFF2 today (had to re-do it because I ran out of altitude before working on my turn/dive). Under canopy I had 5-6 line twists and had to get out of that. Had no problem doing so. Thanks to Judy for covering line twists in AFF class. ;)
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Nice job, Chris. I came close to getting twists today on my Level 2. The canopy got to almost 90 degrees. I pulled the risers apart and stopped it. That, or the canopy just didn't want to twist up for some other reason. And I now have to re-do my Level 2 because I ran out of altitude for my turns (brain lock on my part). Sound familiar? :P

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

You silly students. You should've rubbed stick boy for good luck. And if you don't have "stick boy"... well, make one. Pull some twigs together, lash them into the shape of a body with some pullup straps, and attach him to one of the poles of the packing tent. Good luck and blue skies on your re-jump. B|
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

It's truthful, but try telling a nervous student that. I didn't get freaked by that because I'm used to shit like that, but I've seen students get really nuts about their opening to the point that they wasted a few jumps on local packers when they could've had their packing done weeks earlier.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

It's truthful, but try telling a nervous student that. I didn't get freaked by that because I'm used to shit like that, but I've seen students get really nuts about their opening to the point that they wasted a few jumps on local packers when they could've had their packing done weeks earlier.

Hehe, should've had my instructors. They showed everything about packing during my AFF - as I was getting the hang of it I asked which were the really important bits and what you needed to do for it not to mal. The basically just said 'Look, its a parachute, it wants to open. As long as you get it in the bag it's pretty much guaranteed to come out':P

Given some of the crap I have laughingly called my packjobs when I've been in a hurry I am inclined to agree with them;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah, I've heard that before too. ;)

The best was when the aforementioned Pete, answering a question about what happens if your reserve gets screwed, and how to potentially live through it, said to a student, "Weeeeeeeeeell, you can try to PLF, or you can try to land in tall grass, a compost heap, some old lady's pile of dirty laundry, but more than likely the last thing to go through your mind will be your asshole."

Might be a local amendment. Our instructors are unusually evil. Like Pete, who when asked by a student if their first pack job will open properly, just says, "It might."

The guy who taught me to pack told me that once I got comfortable packing, I'd jump my pack and then he'd sign my card. I said, "Oh, like a final exam." He said, "It could be."