ExAFO

But...But..I thought Guns were illegal in Chicago...

By that logic, the first amendment (I corrected your whups up there) only applies to quill pens and hand presses...

Which is one end, the other end today includes - rude shouting of unintelligible nonsense; peeing on antique flags and calling it 'art'; forcing your views on someone that wants to just walk by and live his life.

I suspect the truth is in the middle somewhere.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There are high crime areas in most big cities in the USA... Does it make more sense to (a) avoid those areas altogether, or (b) boldly walk through the area because you have a concealed gun and feel invincible?

Do you believe that "high crime areas" are inhabited only by criminals?

Or do you recognize that there are still a lot of honest citizens living in those high crime areas?

Wouldn't those honest citizens have a right to protect themselves from the criminals that infest their neighborhood, as they go about their daily lives there?

Do you believe that "high crime areas" are inhabited only by criminals?

Or do you recognize that there are still a lot of honest citizens living in those high crime areas?

Wouldn't those honest citizens have a right to protect themselves from the criminals that infest their neighborhood, as they go about their daily lives there?

certainly, apparently they do have options:

1 - they can 'flip' the criminals
2 - they can run faster
3 - they can carry a roll of twenties on them and whenever they get nervous, hand a twenty to the nearest unsavory looking type

number 3 would make them popular too

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm still interested as to why "law abiding citizens" would wish to go there, unless they are not so law abiding as they claim and wish to trade in some illicit substances.

With an attitude like that, if that whole "physics" thing gets boring, you've probably got a job waiting for you with the LAPD.:P
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry