cumplidor

Free Press?

Oh yes, following a war Israel just occupied those places.

That documentary is extremely selective with where it starts, what it says and which UN resolutions it bothers to mention. Starting at the beginning would at least be honest, instead of this "following a war" bullshit.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6604775898578139565

Think we have free press in the US? watch this and think again...

What does that bunch of crap have to do with your assertion there is no free press in the US?

Try this for a view from the other side:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mftoc.html
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6604775898578139565

What does that bunch of crap have to do with your assertion there is no free press in the US?

Try this for a view from the other side:

Yay zionist bullshit.

That documentary aside the idea that the US have 'free press' for anything other than independent journals and magazines is hilarious.

I think it's ironic that the opening music bed is Peter Gabriel's sountrack to the movie "The Last Temptation of Christ".
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Yay zionist bullshit.

That documentary aside the idea that the US have 'free press' for anything other than independent journals and magazines is hilarious.

More trolling? Or do your really perceive that there is very limited free press in the US?

israel gets attacked, wins, takes the land from the prehistoric monkeys, and then the monkeys get angry becuase number one they attacked and lost the fight, and now had to give up some land in the process as punishment for starting a war. dayum...havent they learned from their mistakes?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

The whole issue of the consequences of losing a war are different now. Germany and Japan truly had a change of heart and changed their ways after WWII. They quickly became a close ally instead of a threat. Because of that, they were allowed to govern themselves in a democratic way instead of being conquered as done throughout most of history.

The Arab countries fighting against Israel have done the opposite. Despite starting and losing wars, they want there to be no consequence. The only exception I see was Sadat of Egypt. Until other leaders in the region are willing to do the same, there is no hope for peace, unless you're willing to give up Israel.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

More trolling? Or do your really perceive that there is very limited free press in the US?

There is free press to the extent there are independent journals, papers and magazines which roughly only 10-15% of the population use as a news source.

Big business is not the free press and that is where over half the population get their only news information from, so no I would argue the U.S have no free press so far as the majority is concerned.

israel gets attacked, wins, takes the land from the prehistoric monkeys, and then the monkeys get angry becuase number one they attacked and lost the fight, and now had to give up some land in the process as punishment for starting a war. dayum...havent they learned from their mistakes?

How many level up points did the grand dragon give you for this? You will be lynching people in no time

There is free press to the extent there are independent journals, papers and magazines which roughly only 10-15% of the population use as a news source.

Big business is not the free press and that is where over half the population get their only news information from, so no I would argue the U.S have no free press so far as the majority is concerned.

Could you give some examples of major international news that should be reported in the US, but is being ignored by the mainstream media?

israel gets attacked, wins, takes the land from the prehistoric monkeys,

Using words like monkeys to describe a group people is as stupid as calling Jews pigs.

As for Israel any one who thinks it is a just nation or that they are angels must be nuts or extremely bias.
It is simply a horrible satiation for all parties involved.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Could you give some examples of major international news that should be reported in the US, but is being ignored by the mainstream media?

You're request seems irrelevant… how does me providing a list to you rule out corporate media being 1. A tool for the owners and 2. Entertainment with the goal of viewer counts for advertisement revenue

It is 4am here but off the top of my head...

Anything that goes on in Latin America, Africa and the majority of Europe... to an extent you could actually say anything that goes on outside the U.S. I could probably draw up half a dozen actual events in the day time but it seems unnecessary, the majority of American "news" is incredibly inward focused and inoculating.

I am guessing you live there.... I dunno... Read manufacturing consent or something...this isn't really a ground breaking or controversial claim we are talking about…

As for Israel Arab states any one who thinks it is a just nation or that they are angels must be nuts or extremely bias.

That's better.

You're request seems irrelevant… how does me providing a list to you rule out corporate media being 1. A tool for the owners and 2. Entertainment with the goal of viewer counts for advertisement revenue

What are some examples of media that isn't either/both 1 & 2 as you describe above?

Anything that goes on in Latin America, Africa and the majority of Europe... to an extent you could actually say anything that goes on outside the U.S. I could probably draw up half a dozen actual events in the day time but it seems unnecessary, the majority of American "news" is incredibly inward focused and inoculating.

Are you claiming that is unique to the US? :D

I am guessing you live there.... I dunno... Read manufacturing consent or something...this isn't really a ground breaking or controversial claim we are talking about…

Where do you live? If your claim isn't controversial, then why is everyone not with you?

I suppose you're on a quest to alert us that we don't live in a utopia. Thanks for the heads-up. :o

The best proof that we still have a very healthy free press in the US is that many sensitive secrets are revealed and politicians/corporate leaders still get brought down by scandals brought forth by the press. Heck, even if the scandal is fraudulent, the press brings them forward (Dan Rather-biased).

Free press suggests exactly that- the freedom to print your communist manifesto, or that black's skulls are similar to monkeys, or any other bullshit or truth you want to spread. And that is fully in play in the US. The real threat to the free press in the US right now concerns the secrecy of sources. I don't expect the Supreme Court to side with the press on this and it will hurt the ability of the press to root out corruption within those in power. Not good.

The fact that the majority of the people watch CNN or FoxNews doesn't mean that other channels aren't free to publish the 'real news.' In any nation people tend towards a small number of media sources. The difference is that in some nations, there isn't an alternative.

That's better.

How is that better? Both sides have their bad but Israels actions easily outweigh those of the arab people

Its Israel occupying lands (violently)
Its Israel with thousands of prisoners in their dungeons
Its Israel with U.S helicopters blowing up half of neighbouring cities

The free press in the US is full of that sort of crap reporting, in fact the Palestinian Authority has bragged about how many press outlets are their friends in spreading their version of events.

The free press in the US also allows the other side to be distributed, which really sucks for those that want lies to be accepted as truth:

http://honestreporting.com/

The free press in the US is full of that sort of crap reporting, in fact the Palestinian Authority has bragged about how many press outlets are their friends in spreading their version of events.

You mean the events widely accepted by everyone who can take a critical look at the actions of all parties involved instead of feverishly defending U.S/Israeli aggression and studying zionist propaganda?

The free press in the US also allows the other side to be distributed, which really sucks for those that want lies to be accepted as truth:

http://honestreporting.com/

Congratulations, you have pasted two of the most bullshit loaded sites on the internet and you are brainwashed by zionism.

Congratulations, you have pasted two of the most bullshit loaded sites on the internet and you are brainwashed by zionism.

I like Kosher delis

Me too, I also like jewish people, have jewish friends, and am not an Arab.

But bullshit is bullshit, zionism is zionism, and referencing bullshit zionism propaganda websites and calling them the "truth" when the majority of scholars or anyone with the ability to criticaly evaluate something would laugh at it, is brainwashed.

I like Kosher delis

Me too, I also like jewish people, have jewish friends, and am not an Arab.

But bullshit is bullshit, zionism is zionism, and referencing bullshit zionism propaganda websites and calling them the "truth" when the majority of scholars or anyone with the ability to criticaly evaluate something would laugh at it, is brainwashed.

I also like Boobs, Beer, and Siamese Cats.

Edited to ask: Have you farted on a Dachshund today? If so, please relate the story. If not, please explain why not.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

What are some examples of media that isn't either/both 1 & 2 as you describe above?

Having to ask this question should be, and probably is, a testament to your love of Zionist propaganda websites.

To expand on what I have already said... Medical journals, science journals, etc.

In terms of breaking news some sources are better than most, BBC for big media isn't the greatest but is a lot better over CNN, FOX all those ridiculous corporations.

Worldpress, Domestic non-profit channels, labour sources, grass roots organizations.

If you want a direct example...

http://www.worldpress.org/

To even suggest corporate media the likes of which dominate the U.S is on the same page as that would be laughable.

Are you claiming that is unique to the US? :D

To an extent it very much is.

It isn't unique so far as many countries have corporate media. It is unique so far as how powerful and dominating it is on U.S public opinion.

The inoculated part? yes amongst western countries it is defiantly at the top of the list for looking inward. Don't take this as a case study, and I hate when people themselves do it as if it proves a point, but upon visiting the U.S every single person, myself included, is astounded at how ignorant you would be of the world if all you did was watch American TV.

Where do you live? If your claim isn't controversial, then why is everyone not with you?

Outside the U.S & probably because there are about ten people in the conversation.

I suppose you're on a quest to alert us that we don't live in a utopia. Thanks for the heads-up. :o

No but I could open up a can of worms about how you don't live in a free or democratic society

The best proof that we still have a very healthy free press in the US is that many sensitive secrets are revealed and politicians/corporate leaders still get brought down by scandals brought forth by the press. Heck, even if the scandal is fraudulent, the press brings them forward (Dan Rather-biased).

To an extent that is true and commendable, for instance the release of secret documents every 30 years, but I think you are carrying a naive version of how "free" or independent big media is from those who own it and the state itself.

Watergate VS cointelpro for example

Although its hard to have games like this on the internet because people cheat with a google search and then pretend to know the answer, lets try it anyway...

Who did the U.S attack and kill end Jan/early Feb this year... surely it was all over the news right?

The fact that the majority of the people watch CNN or FoxNews doesn't mean that other channels aren't free to publish the 'real news.' In any nation people tend towards a small number of media sources. The difference is that in some nations, there isn't an alternative.

I already agreed, to that extent there is "free press".

I guess my gripe is with "free press" not equating to an informed population or the fact that free press is as useful as no press at all when not taken advantage of