sundevil777

Murders of those that challenge Russian policy

I think that Bush should retract his statement about Putin, about looking in his eyes, he's a good man or whatever exactly he said.

It should be made clear they are no longer considered a friend of the free world, and the president of the US should be the one doing it. I know the Russian people aren't represented by him, they should have the moral support of the leader of the free world.

My Russian friend doubts Putin will honor their term limits law.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

My Russian friend doubts Putin will honor their term limits law

And he's probably right. Or Putin will put in power someone he can somewhat control.
However, we'd be surprised at the percentage of people whom, given the chance, would keep Putin in office. Certainly a majority. He has managed to somehow create a strong nationalist movement, where he is seen as the one standing up to defend Russia's might...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

There's already some 'cooling' of the relations with Russia, as shown by the recent airliner order that went to Airbus instead of Boeing. The deal was all but signed before being withdrawn and going with Airbus instead. It is regrettable for Boeing that they depend so much on the US putting up with so much shit from Russia, China and the like.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Russia has been a deeply authoritarian country for a very, very long time. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Excellent point, their history is vastly different from ours. I once took a course in Russian history, back in the seventies it was called "Russian & Soviet History" and about midway through the course I got profoundly depressed with it. The Russians took the brunt of all the Mongol invasions before they even got to Europe. The Rennaiscance in Europe completely passed them by and they've had a long depressing train of tyrant rulers for centuries. It's bred a resignation into their national soul, a kind of fatalism we don't even understand in the west. In western Europe there's been steady progress, give or take two World Wars and the Holocaust, but a lot of progress nonetheless. In America, we're descended from a self selected group of immigrants that decided to take their chances on getting the hell out of the Old World and making the best of a new one. But the Russians have just trudged on, banging their heads against a stone wall, in a manner of speaking. There have been periodic experiments with reform and democracy, even the Bolshevik Revolution that installed the Commies was seen in their eyes as a hopeful step forward. But the moment the going gets tough, they look for the "strong leader" who can see them through. And they get people like Ivan the Terrible, Josef Stalin, - and Vladi Putin.

What's suddenly got very interesting is they've now gone and poisoned an American doctor and her daughter who were visiting Russia for a wedding of old family friends. What Bush and his henchmen will make of this deliberate poisoning of two American citizens remains to be seen. But I really do believe that Bush and Putin ARE soul brothers, so it may just be swept under the rug notwithstanding.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

But I really do believe that Bush and Putin ARE soul brothers

That is a really terrible thing to say. I can understand hating Bush, but that is really crappy, and unjustified, in my opinion.

What's suddenly got very interesting is they've now gone and poisoned an American doctor and her daughter who were visiting Russia for a wedding of old family friends. What Bush and his henchmen will make of this deliberate poisoning of two American citizens remains to be seen

At this point, this is a leap. The women have announced they believe it was accidental.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I know the Russian people aren't represented by him, they should have the moral support of the leader of the free world.

Sorry, not from Bush.
Am I the only one who sees the irony in this statement?

My Russian friend doubts Putin will honor their term limits law.

And a lot of people in Russia wish he wouldn't - at least he is not stealing government money for his friends/family members like previous president did.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *