NCclimber

Pelosi - "I want my jet!"

That would be "Rarebit," Not "Rabbit."

Or is it?

The OED establishes that the original name of the food was "Welsh rabbit", and mentions "Welsh rarebit" only as an "etymologizing alteration of [the preceding]. There is no evidence of the independent use of rarebit"..... The first record of the term "Welsh rabbit" was in 1725, with the alternative form "rarebit" occurring from 1785.[2] In the Victorian era and later, however, the latter form became preferred in recipe books. This was based on folk etymology — "rabbit", that is, was assumed to be a perversion of earlier "rarebit", although the reverse was in fact true.

The rabbit conspiracy thickens...

-Fixed.

Thank you, thank you:D

Dr. Kallend, what is with the strange lack of vowels in the Welsh Language?

Did you keep the baton the police dept gave you, so you can smack students around?

Also-do you ever fly into SDC? Now that's a way to make a helluva entrance.

I refuse to call that Toasted Cheese dish "Rarebit" or "Rabbit" because the Rabbits' Union has threatened a lawsuit in the Supreme Court of Upper Volta.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Welsh isn't a real language - they just pretend it is to piss off the English.

I mean really, how can anyone one take Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch seriously?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Or is it?

The OED establishes that the original name of the food was "Welsh rabbit", and mentions "Welsh rarebit" only as an "etymologizing alteration of [the preceding]. There is no evidence of the independent use of rarebit"..... The first record of the term "Welsh rabbit" was in 1725, with the alternative form "rarebit" occurring from 1785.[2] In the Victorian era and later, however, the latter form became preferred in recipe books. This was based on folk etymology — "rabbit", that is, was assumed to be a perversion of earlier "rarebit", although the reverse was in fact true.

The rabbit conspiracy thickens...

-Fixed.

Thank you, thank you:D

'm nt Wlsh, s dn't knw. Fckng rdcls f y sk m.

Did you keep the baton the police dept gave you, so you can smack students around?

No, I had to turn it in. It was very nice ebony, too.

Also-do you ever fly into SDC? Now that's a way to make a helluva entrance.

Yes, when when I can afford broomstick fuel.

I refuse to call that Toasted Cheese dish "Rarebit" or "Rabbit" because the Rabbits' Union has threatened a lawsuit in the Supreme Court of Upper Volta.

Just eat the rabbits. Very tasty.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Or is it?

The rabbit thickens...

A credible, clear, concise rebuttal in just eight minutes.

And then there is that fiction... er.. um.. I mean history about Al and Z ;)

And then there is that fiction... er.. um.. I mean history about Al and Z

Aluminium and Zirconium?

It turns out that the American word "Aluminum" was actually the original name given to Al by its founder. In British English it was very soon after corrected to "Aluminium" to fit in with existing naming conventions. Trust the Americans to ignore convention;)

I'm afraid I don't know anything about either the history or etymology of Zirconium.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

And then there is that fiction... er.. um.. I mean history about Al and Z

Aluminium and Zirconium?

It turns out that the American word "Aluminum" was actually the original name given to Al by its founder. In British English it was very soon after corrected to "Aluminium" to fit in with existing naming conventions. Trust the Americans to ignore convention;)

I'm afraid I don't know anything about either the history or etymology of Zirconium.

Zirconium is "Zr", not "Z". The "Z" is a subatomic particle that has a mass of 91.16 +/- 0.03 GeV, or nearly 100 times that of the proton.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.