unformed

My Opinions on the State of the Union Address

As we all know, last night, our great and fearless president George W. Bush, recently addressed us regarding the state of our union, also known as "The State of the Union Address". As expected, there are a bunch of fascist, liberal Dems going on and on about how Bush is an idiot and he should be impeached and he doesn't know what he's doing and he's going to ruin this country. Yada yada yada.

I have something to say to these people:

Where is your love for this country that has given you so much? Where is your heart? Where is your faith? You are probably the same kind of people as the Chicagoans who bet against the Bears during the Playoffs last weekend, the same kind of people who said the Bears were going to lose because Rex couldn't throw for shit. And you know what? Not only did the Bears win, but just when the fat lady was getting ready to quietly sing, the Bears hammered in three more touchdowns. Just when the asshats on ESPN were going on saying Grossman was a worthless quarterback, he stepped up and got the job done. Just when the fat lady was getting ready to quietly sing, she fucking wailed instead.

It is only appropriate that this upset happened around the same time as our great and fearless president's speech. It is too fucking symbolic. The whole country is ready to put its tail between its legs and turn around and walk away. He has the strength and the will to fight on. The whole country is questioning whether the original decisions were right, even though three years ago, they knew the decisions were right. It is only our president who stands true to his convictions. In times of trouble and times of hardship, the rest of the country wants to back off. It is only our president who truly believes in himself, who truly believes he does right, and who is willing to keep fighting even when nobody backs him anymore. And that, my friends, is what makes a great and fearless leader.

Of course, there will be those asshats who claim he is a delusional fuck, who should listen to other people's opinions, who should know when enough is enough.

Do you know who else refused to surrender? Our great and fearless first president, Mr. George Washington, at Valley Forge. Washington's army was poorly-fed, poorly-sheltered, ill-equiped, and weary from long marches, and this was during the winter of '77, 1777, that is, before the whole supposed theory of "global warming" had kicked in, back when winters were balls-to-the-walls cold, back in the olden days, like the stories your grandfather's grandfather heard of the old days from his grandfather. And you know what, Washington's army fought on. And they won. It was not a victory of weapons, but of will.

Have we already forgotten the teachings of history? Are we already willing to disown our great and fearless president? Are we ready to sit down just when the fat lady is getting ready to stand up? Is this who we are?

I say NO! It is because of Washington and his sacrifices that we are now able to live in this great country. We cannot surrender. It is not the way of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. We must stand and fight on; we must do what would make Washington proud.

And to all those dirty communists who still disagree, I say to you:

Go run through the streets shouting "Bush is an idiot! Impeach Bush!" and then be glad you are not arrested and duly executed. Be glad that it is people like our great and fearless presidents George Washington and George W. Bush, among others, who will fight on even when they are hated on, who will have faith even with the rest of the country has lost theirs, who truly believe in doing what must be done, at all costs. Be glad that they are willing to fight the Good Fight, that they are willing to fight for freedom.
This ad space for sale.

So basically, you took Eric 'Otter' Stratton's famous speech from Animal House and elaborated ...at great length. :)
In the movie, the absurdity was funny. In the real world, it's just sad. Our president is a loser.

------

Otter: Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules or took a few liberties with our female party guests -- we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few sick, perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg ... isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I totally agree. These are the same people who would tip over the king in the middle of the game just because they're down a couple of pieces. It's just too much work to actually think up a better plan.

I have often wondered what has happened to the"never say die" mentality.

I totally agree. These are the same people who would tip over the king in the middle of the game just because they're down a couple of pieces. It's just too much work to actually think up a better plan.

I have often wondered what has happened to the"never say die" mentality.

:D :D :D
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Meh... I gave up watching Bush's State of the Union speeches a few years ago.

Watched a college basketball game on ESPN this time. :P Finally tuned into the speech as Bush was uttering his final sentence. Didn't miss anything. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban