kallend

It's not easy being a general

Clinton was against the war in Vietnam and he took a stand.

You mean by all his deceptive, back-stabbing measures to avoid service?

So if there was a draft today woud you go. Would you blindly go w/o asking any questions as to the validty of this war, or motives behind it.

It's called "duty"...not "duty only if I agree with it".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said

Seems to me that a WHOLE lot of people have shirked their duty.
Why is it only appropriate to point out Clintons Shirking his duty.... how about Cheney.. Wolfowitz..et al.

It's called "duty"...not "duty only if I agree with it".

In Reply To

Well said

Why is it only appropriate to point out Clintons Shirking his duty.... how about Cheney.. Wolfowitz..et al.

Maybe to show that it's not as one-sided as some would portray?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I have seen ZERO from the right when it comes to pointing out the distinguished military service given by Cheney and Wolfowitz.. and the rest of the administration.

But I have seen people who DID server.. demonized by those same people....the things they did to McCain and Murtha and to coutless generals who did not follow into goosestep with them is appalling...shame on them.

I have seen ZERO from the right when it comes to pointing out the distinguished military service given by Cheney and Wolfowitz.. and the rest of the administration.

But I have seen people who DID server.. demonized by those same people....the things they did to McCain and Murtha and to coutless generals who did not follow into goosestep with them is appalling...shame on them.

Sort of like the left calling our troops murderers and babykillers?

Let's see... just WHO was that? Oh, yes... Jack Murtha.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

HRH Bubba Jeff did such a tremendous job "leading the troops" in Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo.....

Hey remember he KNEW better than to presume any kind of military knowledge.... Unlike King George.... or fearless leader who did not even serve out his full term of service.

And shall we compare and contrast the death toll of Americans under Clinton and King George????

Please don't:)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Cite??

Now dont forget... he actually served and if he is criticizing some of our troops that are commiting crimes..... he knows what is right and what is wrong.
and if they do.. they need to have justice meeted out in a most profound way... it is not something allowed for our troops unless we want them to act like the Serbs there where you are at.. personally anyone who acts like that needs to be stood up against a wall and shot.. no fucking exceptions.

Cite??

Now dont forget... he actually served and if he is criticizing some of our troops that are commiting crimes..... he knows what is right and what is wrong.
and if they do.. they need to have justice meeted out in a most profound way... it is not something allowed for our troops unless we want them to act like the Serbs there where you are at.. personally anyone who acts like that needs to be stood up against a wall and shot.. no fucking exceptions.

Obviously I don't need the cite, since you remember the incident.

I've NEVER said that troops that commit crimes don't deserve everything that they get. My point is that BOTH sides do it, to gain favor with their constituents. Saying otherwise is intellectually dishonest.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My point is that BOTH sides do it, to gain favor with their constituents.

So this is ok then??? Your guys on the far right...nice job

Nice way to treat a veteran who served and paid a very high price for his service,

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/03/21/the_anatomy_of_a_smear_campaign/

In South Carolina, Bush Republicans were facing an opponent who was popular for his straight talk and Vietnam war record. They knew that if McCain won in South Carolina, he would likely win the nomination. With few substantive differences between Bush and McCain, the campaign was bound to turn personal. The situation was ripe for a smear.

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.
Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Some aspects of this smear were hardly so subtle. Bob Jones University professor Richard Hand sent an e-mail to "fellow South Carolinians" stating that McCain had "chosen to sire children without marriage." It didn't take long for mainstream media to carry the charge. CNN interviewed Hand and put him on the spot: "Professor, you say that this man had children out of wedlock. He did not have children out of wedlock." Hand replied, "Wait a minute, that's a universal negative. Can you prove that there aren't any?"

while our enemies grew ever stronger

Bill.........I'm guessing that's an insinuation that the insurgents are stronger than ever? If that's what you are stating..........you are completely wrong. Please stick to subjects you know about and not what you heard or read in the news. ;)

My point is that BOTH sides do it, to gain favor with their constituents.

So this is ok then??? Your guys on the far right...nice job

Nice way to treat a veteran who served and paid a very high price for his service,

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/03/21/the_anatomy_of_a_smear_campaign/

In South Carolina, Bush Republicans were facing an opponent who was popular for his straight talk and Vietnam war record. They knew that if McCain won in South Carolina, he would likely win the nomination. With few substantive differences between Bush and McCain, the campaign was bound to turn personal. The situation was ripe for a smear.

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.
Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Some aspects of this smear were hardly so subtle. Bob Jones University professor Richard Hand sent an e-mail to "fellow South Carolinians" stating that McCain had "chosen to sire children without marriage." It didn't take long for mainstream media to carry the charge. CNN interviewed Hand and put him on the spot: "Professor, you say that this man had children out of wedlock. He did not have children out of wedlock." Hand replied, "Wait a minute, that's a universal negative. Can you prove that there aren't any?"

Hardly "my guys"...but you can keep that fantasy if it makes it easier for your screeds...

How about "your guys" with the faked ANG records? Or bringing up a 20 year old accident in the papers to smear Mrs. Bush? Or any/all of the multitude of smears from the Dem or the MSM over the last 6 years? Said smears, when they're protested or proved wrong, quietly withdrawn with a half-inch notice on page H57.

Meanwhile, you have the MSM and Dems going back 20 years to try to pin racism on a candidate, while having Kleagle Byrd standing behind them.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

while our enemies grew ever stronger

Bill.........I'm guessing that's an insinuation that the insurgents are stronger than ever? If that's what you are stating..........you are completely wrong. Please stick to subjects you know about and not what you heard or read in the news. ;)

Iran's position is far stronger now than it was before Bush launched his fiasco. Syria's too. N. Korea's too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How about "your guys" with the faked ANG records?

Sooo just where was Lt Bush... did not show up for flight physical.... grounded... awol???

Hmmm all those questions... but if any pilot that was serving when I was there would have b een courts martialed in a heartbeat....

And how about that DUI conviction for Party Boy... expunged... so he would look more moral...

That my dear aint a smear those are the facts...

I was applauding the original statement itself, not gearing it towards anyone in particular, please don't add things to my statements to perpetuate your argument.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

How about "your guys" with the faked ANG records?

Sooo just where was Lt Bush... did not show up for flight physical.... grounded... awol???

Hmmm all those questions... but if any pilot that was serving when I was there would have b een courts martialed in a heartbeat....

And how about that DUI conviction for Party Boy... expunged... so he would look more moral...

That my dear aint a smear those are the facts...

Funny... I see lots of ASSERTIONS that it was expunged for "morality reasons"...but I've yet to see proof.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Your argument with Amazon portrays what a despicable, dishonest and dirty bag of snakes your politicians are.

Just like ours!

Dude - that's what I've been trying to say all along... and trying to show that the Dems are just as bad as the Repubs.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Iran's position is far stronger now than it was before Bush launched his fiasco. Syria's too. N. Korea's too.

Not following you there. :S I don't see that much has changed. If you are talking about that these nations have developed or are going to develope nukes......NK did that under SEVERAL administrations. Especially under the Clinton administration. Iran has continued to push the envelope. We just need to get off our ass and zap them with some nasty economic sanctions including an oil embargo. They'll be squeeling in no time. Syria.........how are they any better off?

Not following you there. :S I don't see that much has changed. If you are talking about that these nations have developed or are going to develope nukes......NK did that under SEVERAL administrations. Especially under the Clinton administration. Iran has continued to push the envelope. We just need to get off our ass and zap them with some nasty economic sanctions including an oil embargo. They'll be squeeling in no time. Syria.........how are they any better off?

Baause Iraq has shown that we are not invincible. They have a stronger hand in diplomacy now. Don't you pay attention?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Baause Iraq has shown that we are not invincible.

I thought Vietnam and Somalia did that?

They have a stronger hand in diplomacy now.

Lets see...........they have been offered EVERY form of nuclear power that DOES NOT create fuel for weapons and they have turned it down. Not seeing how they have any position to negotiate.

Don't you pay attention?

Yes............yes I do. ;)

I would at least ask for some reasons as to going to war. I would not blindly follow any fool that shakes a sabre and calls for war. Now if I was in the military different story, but being drafted into a war because some idiot made mistakes and scared the nation into going to war is BS. It's also your duty as a citizen to challenge any leader who threatens the nation.