skysaintj

Evolution - Satan's biggest brilliant and magnificent plan !!

Satan can do nothing without God's permission, and in the end, wherever we wind up is to the Glory of God.

Well shit, now you've just gone and stolen my thunder!

So why does god want to trick us? I could just about deal with him giving us free will to chooose evil, but why would he create Satan to actively lead us away from him? What is the justification for Satan being permitted to condemn those who would otherwise be allowed into heaven?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In labs, within 20 generations, they have turned wild foxes into domesticated, floppy-eared pets.

You can bet it wasn't done without human meddling. Fox on fox produces fox.

Why do you have an appendix that serves no purpose but exposes you to a potentially fatal condition? Why do you have a tailbone? Why did an omnipotent god recycle so many chimpanzee genes into humans? Why do snakes have vestigial femurs? Why do whales have vestigial foot bones? Why do embryonic cave fish have eyes?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>However, regardless of whether they've got pointed or floppy ears...
>they're still just foxes.

Flying foxes (australia) have wings, and they fly about. Are they still just foxes?

Some squirrels in the US are evolving wings so they can glide from tree to tree. They may still perhaps be "just squirrels" but they are their own species, and have evolved a whole new structure (a wing) from what they already had (skin.) Which is how evolution works.

Rodents in Africa (Anomaluridae) are evolving wings in a slightly different way - they use a simple cartilaginous rod to extend their wings, so the flight membrane can connect at the elbow instead of the hands/feet (thus giving them more mobility.) In a million years, that rod may well be a piece of bone that allows them to glide very long distances, gain altitude and retract their wings when not in use. In a very real way, they will still be "just rats" - but these rats will fly.

This is interesting.

Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That doesn't make it any more credible. The quality of the writing has nothing to do with the intelectual content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's BS. Can you spell intellectual? Proper spelling, punctuation, and sentence formation doesn't just happen.

You can't come up with anything better then a comment on my typo?

The ability to put something in writing so that it can be understood by others speaks to one's intellect.

Satan can do nothing without God's permission, and in the end, wherever we wind up is to the Glory of God.

Well shit, now you've just gone and stolen my thunder!

So why does god want to trick us? I could just about deal with him giving us free will to chooose evil, but why would he create Satan to actively lead us away from him? What is the justification for Satan being permitted to condemn those who would otherwise be allowed into heaven?[/reply

We are not in a position to guess God's intentions.
This ad space for sale.

I’m only trying inspire someone out here and start a thought process that if all goes well go a little further than us being here for no reason at all.

Ok heres a thought process to get you started….

The marsupial population of Australia contains animal families, genera, and species found nowhere else on earth - not even in fossil form. We are to suppose that each species of marsupial managed to get from Mt. Ararat to Australia, but couldn't find its way to any other part of the world - including those regions located between Turkey and Australia.

Despite the fact that most marsupial species seem to be out-gunned when they are forced to compete with placental mammals (hence the extinction of so many marsupial species after the introduction of European mammals), we are to suppose that wombats and wallabies, bandicoots and koalas, kept ahead of lions-'n-tigers-'n-bears all the way to Indonesia, and then - although the superior placental predators couldn't manage it - continued on to Australia.

As if this were not mind-boggling enough, after all this implausible world travel, and after all the dust had settled, it turns out that the types of marsupials that made it to Australia just happened to form an ensemble able to fill all the ecological niches available!

HELLO Skysaint old boy, care to comment.....care to attempt to refute what I have to say... or as with all religious types are you opting for the ignore the facts and hope they will go away option??

http://evolution.mbdojo.com/flood.html

Thanks ;)

But no thanks, I guess I foolishly thought that you were capable of refuting this yourself. However you seem to only have th ability to post a clickly to some pro creationist site, that really dont have any inclination to read...

Are you or are you not able to refute ???
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Reply To

That doesn't make it any more credible. The quality of the writing has nothing to do with the intelectual content.

That's BS. Can you spell intellectual? Proper spelling, punctuation, and sentence formation doesn't just happen.

You can't come up with anything better then a comment on my typo?

The ability to put something in writing so that it can be understood by others speaks to one's intellect.

I warned you!:P
Irony score 10/10

Uh, skysaint - you just posted something that shows that there WAS no Noah's Ark, and that the lack thereof compromises the whole story of Genesis. Their conclusion - "The whole story reeks of inconsistency and irrationality." Which may well be, but I'm suprised to see you agree.

Uh, skysaint - you just posted something that shows that there WAS no Noah's Ark, and that the lack thereof compromises the whole story of Genesis. Their conclusion - "The whole story reeks of inconsistency and irrationality." Which may well be, but I'm suprised to see you agree.

(Pssst.... I think he was trolling the whole time. And a did a damn good job it too if I might say so myself.... ;))
This ad space for sale.

For some of us, evolutionary theory does not diminish, but in fact STRENGTHENS our belief in God.

I have a hard time understanding people who believe that if scientifically-describable mechanisms are present, then
God must be absent.:S What is so heretical about the idea that God created a system that actually works?:S

God made put everything in place as it is in the 6 days he created the earth - some animals and plants adapted over time. - but bottom line your forefather were no soup tjom ;) and until proven by science our children should not be fed satan's weak sugar coated unproven stoopid theory that evolution is.

What is the big fuss about anyway , science has not PROVEN evolution so why the big hype - evolution is your excuse and god...it's a shame :(

"... our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Ephesians 6:12
If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

>God made put everything in place as it is in the 6 days he created the earth . . .

Did he create cattle before or after he created man?

Animals and everything that goes with that first of course , and then created man , man did not evolve from moo to man:D

>Animals and everything that goes with that first of course , and then created man . . .

Nope, sorry, the bible says otherwise. From Genesis 2:

----------------
Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die. And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.
----------------

I'm afraid we can't have you teaching untruths to our children that the bible itself contradicts!

>Animals and everything that goes with that first of course , and then created man . . .

Nope, sorry, the bible says otherwise. From Genesis 2:

----------------
Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die. And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.
----------------

I'm afraid we can't have you teaching untruths to our children that the bible itself contradicts!

Your interpretation not mine.

>Your interpretation not mine.

Uh, no interpretation involved. Man first, then every beast of the field, right there in black and white on the pages of the New King James Bible. While you may have your own beliefs on the subject, they are different than the bible's.

So evolutionary science is all wrong and can't be taught. But creationism should be? Which one? Yours? The bible's? (cause they ain't the same.) The koran's? How about the egyptian myth? Or the norse one? They're all equivalent scientifically (i.e. not at all.)

Here's an idea - teach them all in a religion class. Then teach science in a science class. Simple and solves the problem completely. (Unless, of course, your goal is to "destroy materialist science" or something, which is what many ID proponents want.)

Uh, no interpretation involved. Man first, then every beast of the field, right there in black and white on the pages of the New King James Bible. While you may have your own beliefs on the subject, they are different than the bible's.

So evolutionary science is all wrong and can't be taught. But creationism should be? Which one? Yours? The bible's? (cause they ain't the same.) The koran's? How about the egyptian myth? Or the norse one? They're all equivalent scientifically (i.e. not at all.)

Here's an idea - teach them all in a religion class. Then teach science in a science class. Simple and solves the problem completely. (Unless, of course, your goal is to "destroy materialist science" or something, which is what many ID proponents want.)

Like i said before - you are looking for an excuse....there is no conflict about these two creation stories. The first story is an outline of the creation of all things, while the second story focuses on the details of the creation of mankind...this might seem to you like a contradiction but it's because of your interpretation.

<>

To me, this is clearly a control mechanism. It seems to be designed to keep the common man in a state of ignorance (un-schooled, without knowledge etc..) so that the ruling classes (Law/Bible writters) can keep overall control of the masses.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

... the animals were created first, in Gen. 2;18-20 God is telling us that He created man and was making him a helper for him, then He was telling us that He HAD formed the animals out of the ground. and He gave Adam the job of naming the animals. but the word you need to look at is HAD, this is past tense.

<>

To me, this is clearly a control mechanism. It seems to be designed to keep the common man in a state of ignorance (un-schooled, without knowledge etc..) so that the ruling classes (Law/Bible writters) can keep overall control of the masses.

You only try and limit God in your own mind if you try and figure out why why why why why...the only way you'll find out why is to except his love ...ask any christian - the more you grow with God the more He reveals Himself and his plans to you...

“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.” - Einstein