WeakMindedFool

My new favorite rap song...

Those are three words that have never passed by my lips.

LOL...I understand. I remember the first time I heard NWA in the 80's. Since I was a teenager and was a...bad person, it spoke to me in ways that other music (besides punk) never had. Later as I got older (and hopefully a better person) It gave me insight to a community I had no other access to. I've always loved poetry and been facinated by the lyrics of songs. Like all music, rap has its hacks. There will always be the fool who sings about how much they love girls with big butts while drinking 40's of malt liquor. If you measure rap by that standard then you should measure rock by "Poison" or all american music by Brittney Spears. I hate country music!!! I hate music in C major (most country it seems)...I recognize that the musicians are talented, I just can't stant the way it sounds. Rap makes alot of folks uncomfortable...it should. They say scarry things about themselves and us...we should listen. Anyone who thinks they are talentless needs to listen to eminem...then try to sing along with him....there is a reason he is considered the best. Music at its best is always a vehicle to exchange ideas, you don't have to like the vehicle but it would be foolish to ignore the idea!
I love the fact that two soldiers from Indianna used this vehicle to express themselves!!! Especially since they sampled NWA to do it!
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Those are three words that have never passed by my lips.

LOL...I understand. I remember the first time I heard NWA in the 80's. Since I was a teenager and was a...bad person, it spoke to me in ways that other music (besides punk) never had. Later as I got older (and hopefully a better person) It gave me insight to a community I had no other access to. I've always loved poetry and been facinated by the lyrics of songs. Like all music, rap has its hacks. There will always be the fool who sings about how much they love girls with big butts while drinking 40's of malt liquor. If you measure rap by that standard then you should measure rock by "Poison" or all american music by Brittney Spears. I hate country music!!! I hate music in C major (most country it seems)...I recognize that the musicians are talented, I just can't stant the way it sounds. Rap makes alot of folks uncomfortable...it should. They say scarry things about themselves and us...we should listen. Anyone who thinks they are talentless needs to listen to eminem...then try to sing along with him....there is a reason he is considered the best. Music at its best is always a vehicle to exchange ideas, you don't have to like the vehicle but it would be foolish to ignore the idea!
I love the fact that two soldiers from Indiana used this vehicle to express themselves!!! Especially since they sampled NWA to do it!

I agree, but I still didn't like the song!
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!