br0k3n

Hail Mighty Satan

you're right, my bad. Growing weary of people ignoring what I said. I made a clear distinction between dieing for a belief and dieng for a know sham.

I didn't intentionally ignore what you wrote. My reading comprehension does seem to be a bit sub par for that particular post, however. I should have re-read it before posting.

Certainly a possibility, improbable, but I guess possible, but as Paul wrote if there was no resurrection we are group of people to pitied more than all men. (1 Cor 15)

I think from the perspective of probability, it is the most probable possibility.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

There are even more possibilities. One is perhaps he didn't die on the cross as the stories say.

Christ as a deity is very likely an add-on to Christianity, part of a "re-paganization of the religion.

Certainly a possibility, improbable, but I guess possible, but as Paul wrote if there was no resurrection we are group of people to pitied more than all men. (1 Cor 15)

Not improbable at all, what about the fact that during the first eight centuries of the evolution of Christianity, Christian art represented a lamb, and not a man, as suffering on the cross for the salvation of the world? Neither the paintings in the Catacombs nor the sculptures on Christian tombs pictured a human figure on the cross. Everywhere a lamb was shown as the Christian symbol -- a lamb carrying a cross, a lamb at the foot of a cross, a lamb on a cross. Some figures showed the lamb with a human head, shoulders and arms, holding a cross in his hands -- the lamb of God in process of assuming the human form -- the crucifixion myth becoming realistic. At the close of the eighth century, Pope Hadrian I, confirming the decree of the sixth Synod of Constantinople, commanded that thereafter the figure of a man should take the place of a lamb on the cross. It took Christianity eight hundred years to develop the symbol of its suffering Savior. For eight hundred years, the Christ on the cross was a lamb. But if Christ was actually crucified, why was his place on the cross so long usurped by a lamb? In the light of history and reason, and in view of a lamb on the cross, why should we believe in the Crucifixion?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

For eight hundred years, the Christ on the cross was a lamb. But if Christ was actually crucified, why was his place on the cross so long usurped by a lamb? In the light of history and reason, and in view of a lamb on the cross, why should we believe in the Crucifixion?

Since you seem to have studied the Scriptures, more for critisism than edification, you do remember the story of the original Passover.

The blood of a lamb was smeared upon the doorposts of the house as a sign for the death angel not to take the firstborn. A sign of mercy and redemption.

When John the Baptist saw Jesus at the Jordan River he called him the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world.

It was symbolic.

The sheep/lamb symbolism was used to describe/predict Christ way before any of this.

Isaiah 53 (written ~ 740 – 680 B.C.)

“1 Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand. 11 After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.”

"In fairness, people die for lies they believe in all the time. Just look to the current conflicts in the middle east. Do you think Koresh's followers died because they knew a truth others were blind to? During the Crusades, which team was dying for the truth?"_______________________________________________No. They died cause the fuckin FBI and their cohorts > KILLED THEM. Won't even go on about Ruby Ridge
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.