Andy9o8

Fox & Henhouse

Syria Promises to Enforce Arms Embargo

By SAM F. GHATTAS
The Associated Press
Friday, September 1, 2006; 5:19 PM

DAMASCUS, Syria -- Syria promised Friday to increase border patrols and work with Lebanese troops to thwart the flow of arms to its ally Hezbollah, but Israel questioned whether the Damascus regime would be a "reliable force" in guarding the border.

If carried out, the promises made by Syrian President Bashar Assad to U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan would be a major boost to efforts to keep the peace in Lebanon.

The U.N. chief said that if Syria follows through in tightening control of the border, peace efforts will be greatly helped. "I have no reason to believe it will not be done," Annan said.

:o:o
:D:D:D

In other news, the Fox gave Secretary General Annan firm assurances that he would provide security for the henhouse. Mr. Annan said that he found the Fox's statements to be encouraging. The Fox's measures, if carried out, would provide the henhouse with badly-needed security against weapons being smuggled in by....the Foxes.
Pessimistic as always, a spokesman for the Chickens questioned whether the Fox regime would be a "reliable force" in guarding the henhouse. But, said Annan, "I have no reason to believe it will not be done."

:S

It's like hiring sex offenders as school crossing guards and hall monitors.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

At least Saudi is a supposed ally.

"Enemy of my enemy" and all that.... of course, the Timorese probably feel the same way about the arms Britain is selling to Indonesia...

Then of course, there's Zimbabwe, Uganda, Columbia, Nepal, the Phillipines... all banned locations for sales according to the Guardian.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706