turtlespeed

My Emergency Room Visit

Seriously though, it sounds like a bunch of buttfucking hillbillies who don't recognize their proximity to these "illegal aliens" whom they feel have so deprived them of all their earnings.

You're kidding, right?

Let me guess. You're thinking we're a bunch of racists here in Texas.

Maybe the term "illegal alien" is a theoretical concept to you or merely a term you get from news media where you live, but it's a lot more than that here in Texas. We all recognize our proximity to them because it's part of our day-to-day life and it's not always a pretty picture.

If you ever come to Houston and want to see what it looks like, I'll show you a couple of areas of town where illegal aliens hang out and wait for people to come looking for some day laborers. What you'll see are some truly desperate people.

And yes, I'll even take you to a hospital emergency room waiting area if you want. The joke that started this thread is funny because it's points to a reality we have here--a reality you are insulated from.

Walt

Continue to joke about it though...

OK... Y'All heard about How Mexico has withdrawn from the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympic Games?

President Vincent Fox states that Mexico is unable to send a team for political reasons... Every Mexican who can run, jump or swim has skipped the border and gone to America!

Mike.

Yet another reason to let them keeping coming in - America can continue to kick ass in the Olympics.

It will never cease to amaze me how ignorantly racist people of a country termed a "melting pot" will continue to be. Maybe one of you could shed some light on this....exactly what race are Americans?

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

It will never cease to amaze me how ignorantly racist people of a country termed a "melting pot" will continue to be. Maybe one of you could shed some light on this....exactly what race are Americans?

We are completely lacking in a single race or culture, so what's your point?

Walt

Maybe one of you could shed some light on this....exactly what race are Americans?

They're a race of people not committing felonies to get here.

There's a reason they're illegal. Not "Undocumented," but Illegal. Where the fuck does it say that you can disregard the laws because you want your way? You shouldn't get amnesty, you should get a felony record.

Where does it say that you can hop over to El Paso and be entitled to free government aid? Fuck you. Go back to your country, go thru the immigration process.

Fucking criminals.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

We are completely lacking in a single race or culture, so what's your point?

Walt

That was the point. :S

Maybe one of you could shed some light on this....exactly what race are Americans?

There's a reason they're illegal. Not "Undocumented," but Illegal. Where the fuck does it say that you can disregard the laws because you want your way? You shouldn't get amnesty, you should get a felony record.

Where does it say that you can hop over to El Paso and be entitled to free government aid? Fuck you. Go back to your country, go thru the immigration process.

Fucking criminals.

Oh yeah, Americans born here are WAY more law abiding - are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Oh yeah, Americans born here are WAY more law abiding - are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Read my statement again before you go non-sequitor another time.

My statement was

Even while walking the street, they are felons by their mere presence.

How many Americans go into other sovereign countries illegally and expect free social services?

Have you done that lately, or at anytime in your life? Why not?

Walt

You know the answer - b/c I was LUCKY enough to have been born into this country.

Stangely enough, I see no animosity toward a country and government that fails to provide these services to their citizens only hatred for those citizens that try to get the services by whatever means possible, including risking their own lives.

You know the answer - b/c I was LUCKY enough to have been born into this country.

Stangely enough, I see no animosity toward a country and government that fails to provide these services to their citizens only hatred for those citizens that try to get the services by whatever means possible, including risking their own lives.

So you're saying it's ok for them to violate our laws but not the other way around. Yeah, ok.

Walt

Walt,

1.) Weren't there a series of posts where you flat out called yourself a racist? ;)

b.) I was just in Houston for a job interview, as well as helping a friend move to southside. Further, I'm not a native Colorado-an, so don't assume that all I know is skiing and hiking with a bunch of hippie white folk.

3.) I have a problem with a country formed primarily of immigrants who now make it increasingly hard to become a legal citizen. "Remembering your roots" and all that.

It's fine for you to tell jokes, irregardless of whether they mirror your reality or not. Just don't expect everybody to thumb their nose at the people you despise.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

So you're saying it's ok for them to violate our laws but not the other way around. Yeah, ok.

No - that is not what I am saying. If our country was as socially fucked as those, I'd go break their laws to get the services too. Got it?

No - that is not what I am saying. If our country was as socially fucked as those, I'd go break their laws to get the services too. Got it?

And you'd be as much a criminal, and deserving of punishment as those who do so are.

Walt,

1.) Weren't there a series of posts where you flat out called yourself a racist? ;)

In general my attitude is that is ok for anyone to be as racist or as non-racist as they want to be. The term "racist" has become a joke. It the modern equivalent of what calling someone a "commie" was during the McCarthy era and, IMO, is every bit as ignorant.

To imply that someone is some sort of miscreant because they have some sort of opinions you either do not understand or agree with is ridiculous. Let's say I spent a few years in Mauritania and I really hate Mauritanian food. No problem, right? Now let's say I really hate the Mauritanian culture. Suddenly I am branded evil by a bunch of people who have never been to Mauritania. Who is showing their ignorance in that case?

I haven't been to Mauritania but I have been around cultures other than those in this country and I think it's perfectly ok for anyone to have an opinion about them and perfectly ok for people to have an opinion about anything at all, even though I may not understand or agree with those opinions.

b.) I was just in Houston for a job interview, as well as helping a friend move to southside. Further, I'm not a native Colorado-an, so don't assume that all I know is skiing and hiking with a bunch of hippie white folk.

I never assumed that.

3.) I have a problem with a country formed primarily of immigrants who now make it increasingly hard to become a legal citizen. "Remembering your roots" and all that.

Then I suggest you move. Mexico, maybe?

It's fine for you to tell jokes, irregardless of whether they mirror your reality or not. Just don't expect everybody to thumb their nose at the people you despise.

Despise?!!!!! Where the hell did you get that?!!!!! You apparently are unable to distinguish between people trying to see humor in a desperate situation and people like the Klan.

edited to add:
BTW, you left off the part about you having dated someone of another ethnicity so you could show us how extremely non-racist (and therefore morally superior) you are.

Walt

I know my ROOTS. All 4 of my Grandparents spent a lot of time on Ellis Island trying to get in. They did it legally. I dont care if they come here. I havent heard anybody say "Fuck you beener go home". What I have heard is people saying you want to come to America? Then do it the legal way. Sounds like a pretty fair request to me.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

So that would make it ok to break their laws?

I think there's a big difference between understandable and acceptable.

Walt

> Fuck you. Go back to your country, go thru the immigration process.

. . . unless you're packing my parachute, or serving me dinner. Then you can do that, THEN fuck you and go back home. As long as I got my parachute packed!

That pretty much sums up the hypocrisy that permeates the whole issue. As consumers we want low prices and illegal workers help keep prices down by providing cheap labor.

We love low consumer prices but don't want the tradeoffs that come with those lower prices.

Walt

I think the real question is:

Will these patches be handed out in every trailer park community, or will you have have to show up to some office and flash your mullet and Rep. voter registration to get one? ;)

.jim

It is interesting that the only socio-economic group that can routinely be made fun of is trailer-park residents (as long as they are white, poor blacks are not racist).

Interesting that the response is a threat to make jokes about a "class" that the previous poster does not necessarily belong to.

Also, it is also assumed that people who live in trailers are automatically more prejudiced in their opinions than the people who criticize them.

3: Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.

Fucking criminals.

Funny, I seem to recall that a significant fraction of the original colonists were transported from England as convicted felons. Being sent to Virginia was slightly preferable to being hanged for most, although I gather that some opted to be hanged instead.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You know, this is something I can agree with. It would be swell to have everybody who wants to be here, could do so legally.

Yet the arguement of this thread wasn't about about people legally entering the US. It was about someone making a tasteless joke, and then taking offense that others would be offended by such a "harmless thing".

I can agree with your request, but I would say that a majority of the other posters likely look down on immigrants, legal or not. (Even though I'm sure that they will jump on here to spout that they don't).

As for you, Walt, don't forget the part where I saved a bunch of babies from a burning ship. ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Yet the arguement of this thread wasn't about about people legally entering the US. It was about someone making a tasteless joke, and then taking offense that others would be offended by such a "harmless thing".

I can relate there. I made a tasteless joke a couple weeks ago and boy you should have read the hate letters I got. Got my nuts in the wringer there.:S

I can agree with your request, but I would say that a majority of the other posters likely look down on immigrants, legal

I dont look down on legall immigrants at all. Like I said above all of my grandparents came from England over here for a better life and got it.

legal or not. (Even though I'm sure that they will jump on here to spout that they don't).

I do have a problem with the illegal who is here wanting a free pass and sucking the tit of the govt while he does it.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

It was about someone making a tasteless joke, and then taking offense that others would be offended by such a "harmless thing".

I just don't see how that was so tasteless. The joke's only punchline is that we have a lot of illegals taking advantage of the system. GET OVER IT!!!! Its a real problem. Not a racist statement.

Why is everything have to be racist to "you people"(referring to libs, don't worry not blacks) Illegals mean anybody illegal, of course most are mexican, but who cares. Would we all be racist if it was Canadians that had the effed up govt instead.

I'm so glad we have such righteous people as you to point out how tasteless it is to make a joke about such racist material as illegal immigration. I'm sure you make the world a better place because of your opinions and the illegals thank you for your lack of sense of humor.

>I just don't see how that was so tasteless.

Well, it was tasteless, but it was also a little funny. Tasteless isn't always a bad thing. We are skydivers after all. (check out Sarah Silverman for some very tasteless and very funny stuff.)