BillyVance

Islamic Punishment for stealing a loaf of bread from a market in Iran

There are suports in the blanket and his arm goes between them

It does not appear by the picture that the supports are what is taking the force from the wheel. That is approx a 4 or 5 year old child, I dont believe that child is feigning pain or fear ... the "supports" do not go higher then his arm. Regardless if it hurt or not that fear on his face is real in my opinion.

This is abuse.... maybe they were able to find a way to run over this kid without hurting his arm, but it is still abuse. If that were the U.S. that boy would be taken from that persons care.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

There are suports in the blanket and his arm goes between them, doubt it really hurts at all. All to willing to belive the worst though weren't you. Laugh

Funny you should say that, when it comes to abuse of children , yes of course I am going to be sickened ... since there were pictures, it is to me enough to make my stomach turn... Even after hearing its a magic type show. It still pains me to see the child exploited. If the initial evidence shows abuse I side with what I can see. Id rather be proven wrong then to not take a case of child abuse serious and in the end something devastating were to happen to the child.

Are you saying that if you had seen that picture with no knowledge of its validity, you would automatically remain emotionless until you know its source and the story behind it?

If that is your stand that is fine, however that is not mine. My emotions and my protective nature will always prevail over the need to be un-biased until proof one way or the other when it comes to kids and their well-being.

The fact that you find it funny that I allowed myself to show emotion to a child who is (being exploited is abuse in my personal opinion, granted not nearly as bad as being run over by a truck) being abused makes me kind of sad for where some of our society stands on some issues.

As you can see from my first post in this thread my initial question is 'is this real or a fake/trick?' I want to know the source, I want verification before I waste emotions on what turns out to be a trick. I can't help it I guess I 'm just a think first kind of person, its a pity that more people aren't, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in Iraq now if more people thought first insead of blindly believing and getting all emotional before they have a clear understanding of a situation.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As for the thieves having their hand cut off for stealing a loaf of bread, the guy does not seem to know anything about the Islamic law! No one can be prosecuted for stealing food to survive on; the punishment is for those who are professional thieves and have been tried at least three times for theft in the court of law and still steal (instead of living by working and living honestly!)
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.