Tink1717

Another religion thread.

the Da Vinci Cod
by Archarya S

Go ahead and admit it--it's annoying to see the word "code"missing the "e", isn't it? So, why did i title this essay"The Da Vinci Cod?" Simple, because it is a fish story. Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying to some degree the brouhaha " the DaVinci Code" movie is causing worldwide, although i'm not obsessively paying attention to it, because as others have pointed out, there's nothing new under the sun, and i've already lived through The Last Temptation of Christ," as well as "Jesus of Montreal," both of which drew excited protests and then quickly faded into the woodwork to have little affect on the human mind.

It's not that i don't want "The DaVinci Code" to have some impact on the global psyche. I do. I wish fervently that people would realize that our fairytales are just that: FAIRYTALES, fictitious and mutable. Anyone who knows my work understands that I uphold no sacred cows when it comes to the subject of the jesus mythos. In fact, I go WAY beyond THE DAVINCI CODE in that I dare to suggest that "Jesus" was indeed "married" to "Mary Magdalene"--but within the realms of MYTHOLOGY, not history. For, I find no reason whatsoever to assume that the Jewish version of the virgin-born Son of God, Jesus, had any more reality in history than the GREEK version of the virgin-born Son of God, Hercules. Say what? Yes, I do firmly believe that Jesus Christ is a MYTH through and through--no ifs, ands, or buts about it. As a scholar of mythology going back some 40 years, I see little difference between what are widely viewed as myths and what is contained in the sacrosanct Bible. In other words, I view the bible as little more than mummified mythology that dates back many millenia, with little evidence of it happening in "real life." There is no historical or archeological record at all that supports the existence of Jesus Christ as he is depicted in the New Testament, so why should I as a true scientist--"science" meaning "to Know" --blindly accept that Christ existed on this earth, as a real person, at the time claimed in the New Testament? Frankly, as a person who attempts to be honest and truthful to the best of her ability, I should not accept this claim without any evidence at all. And there is no evidence at all.

Obviously, there is much more to this subject, which is why I have spent many years and spilled much ink on it, producing a couple of books and many treatises on the subject of Christian Mythology, none of which need to be repeated here, as the information is available on my website at Truthbeknown.com. Interested parties are warmly welcomed to investigate my writings there at any time they wish.

In the meantime, please feel free to enjoy "The DaVinci Code" without worrying that you areforfeiting your reservation in heaven. As with the gospel story itself, you may remind yourself, "it's only a story." A fish story, in fact. It is the Da Vinci COD.

http://tbknews.blogspot.com
(Pleasefeel free to post a comment on this entry or any otherby going to "post a comment" at the bottom of the entry. You may post anonymously or not.)
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

There is a difference between being religious and spiritual. :)

yeah, extremely shallow differences that the users like to think are substantive

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

. . . and i've already lived through The Last Temptation of Christ," as well as "Jesus of Montreal," both of which drew excited protests and then quickly faded into the woodwork to have little affect on the human mind.

All good and well; but have you seen The Life of Brian? It had a profound effect on me. I can now haggle with the best of them.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

. . . and i've already lived through The Last Temptation of Christ," as well as "Jesus of Montreal," both of which drew excited protests and then quickly faded into the woodwork to have little affect on the human mind.

All good and well; but have you seen The Life of Brian? It had a profound effect on me. I can now haggle with the best of them.

and construct excellent sentence structure in Latin proper

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

because as others have pointed out, "there's nothing new under the sun,"

Could you please tell us who coined that phrase. Could it be the mythilogical King Solomon?

Have you hammered the Jews about their mythilogical leaders?
Please attempt to explain the permanent hostility between the Arabs and the Jews.

Please attempt to explain the permanent hostility between the Arabs and the Jews.

If you get a specific reply to this, it'll be a first. What does that tell you?

That the algorithm known as "hairyjuan" that automatically posts stuff just got upgraded to something much more sophisticated?

If you get a specific reply to this, it'll be a first. What does that tell you?

That the algorithm known as "hairyjuan" that automatically posts stuff just got upgraded to something much more sophisticated?

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike" B|

. . =(_8^(1)