briguy

Jarheads shoot women and children

First:This is a good point. You all say poor little kids and mothers. I have had an 8 year old girl throw a grenade at me. I have also caught women as much as men setting IEDs. Im not gonna say oh poor little girl or women. The rules are so harsh over here its almost impossible to get away with stuff like that.

Second:The insurgents are mostly terrorists from Iran, Syria, Libya, and Lebannon. And if not, they are being helped. The number one roaside bomb killer is the EFP created by the Hezbollah to kill us.

Third:If you never served over here or will never, you have no grounds on this subject. You DONT KNOW.
The brave may not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all

First:This is a good point. You all say poor little kids and mothers. I have had an 8 year old girl throw a grenade at me. I have also caught women as much as men setting IEDs. Im not gonna say oh poor little girl or women. The rules are so harsh over here its almost impossible to get away with stuff like that.

Second:The insurgents are mostly terrorists from Iran, Syria, Libya, and Lebannon. And if not, they are being helped. The number one roaside bomb killer is the EFP created by the Hezbollah to kill us.

Third:If you never served over here or will never, you have no grounds on this subject. You DONT KNOW.

Oh I am sure there is someone on here who thinks you don't know shit and they can see all the facts from their armchair:o

>The insurgents are mostly terrorists from Iran, Syria, Libya, and
>Lebannon. And if not, they are being helped. The number one
>roaside bomb killer is the EFP created by the Hezbollah to kill us.

Hmm. Why, then, do you suppose that less than 2% of the insurgents in the prisons over there are foreigners?

>The insurgents are mostly terrorists from Iran, Syria, Libya, and
>Lebannon. And if not, they are being helped. The number one
>roaside bomb killer is the EFP created by the Hezbollah to kill us.

Hmm. Why, then, do you suppose that less than 2% of the insurgents in the prisons over there are foreigners?

Prisons you and I know about... The iraqi's are getting the geneva convention type of jails and the guys that are coming in from other countries are getting shipped off to get tortured for information or they are fighting a bit harder and getting dead before we can capture them...

> The iraqi's are getting the geneva convention type of jails . . . .

Given that a good many of them have been tortured and killed in those "cushy" jails, and that most of those people have been Iraqis - that's not a statement most people are going to take seriously.

So does some intended damage - as the title of this thread suggests.

What REALLY sucks is people making disparaging remarks about soldiers, based on nothing more than accusations...

As somebody already mentioned, accusations are made all the time. The media hypes them up, making a big ordeal to sell their product. When the accusation turns out to be exaggerated or just plain inaccurate, does the media bring attention to the fact that they were wrong? Nope... pretty convenient if you ask me.

Too bad we don't have a news outlet that purely focuses on the media's screw ups. It would be interesting to see how many innocent people's lives have been destroyed due to poor journalism...

Remember the security guard that was accused of setting off the bomb during the Olympics in Atlanta? The media crucified him, labelling him a depressed loser, and sociopath. He lost his job, his friends, everything. Turns out he was innocent.... oops. [:/]

I think the title of this thread really says alot about the individual who started it...

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

>What REALLY sucks is people making disparaging remarks
>about soldiers, based on nothing more than accusations . . .

Many soldiers have been found guilty of such crimes. Their service to their country, while admirable, does not excuse such behavior.

>Too bad we don't have a news outlet that purely focuses on the media's screw ups.

We do. It's called Media Matters, and you can check it out at http://mediamatters.org/.

>It would be interesting to see how many innocent people's lives
>have been destroyed due to poor journalism...

Indeed. How many tens of thousands died partly due to the New York Times blindly printing everything the administration told them about the threat Iraq posed? They later apologized, but it came a little too late.

So does some intended damage - as the title of this thread suggests.

What REALLY sucks is people making disparaging remarks about soldiers, based on nothing more than accusations...

Without going into details, I bet that after the IED detonated, the troops training led them to the nearby village with pretty good reason.

Anyone else who knows or remembers the 3 elements of a CWD roadside bomb will be unlikely to criticise the Marines' actions quite so vociferously.

In the meantime, the media is, as always RULED by circulation / viewing figures, & "Troops Commit Massacre" serves that purpose far better than "Troops Follow Training"!

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Really think about this!! A little girl who has been told her whole life Americans and non muslims are the enemy she has a grenade and you have your m-16 what do you do? She will throw the grenade and kill you, will you kill her or be killed? put aside all you petty thought of right and wrong and think about it would you kill or be killed? You cant even begin to understand the thought process or what goes through their heads at a time like that and until any of you has been in that situation you can shut the hell up!

JOKER: How can you shoot women and children? DOORGUNNER: Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much. Ain't war hell? ...;)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!