Andy9o8

Is China selling organs for transplant from executed prisoners?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article352535.ece

Excerpt:
Hundreds of well-off Japanese and other nationals are turning to China's burgeoning human organ transplant industry, paying tens of thousands of pounds for livers and kidneys, which in some cases have been harvested from executed prisoners and sold to hospitals.
Beijing does not reveal how many people it executes, but analysts estimate as many as 8,000 people are killed each year.

Well if I was dying and needing a organ transplant and the only organ available was one harvested from an inmate, I'll take the organ thank you very much.

If China is finding a way to offset the costs of prison system so be it.

Maybe we should all consider this. It might give us some incentive to get prisoners through the "death sentence" system faster. This having people on death row for 20 years is nuts. Let's harvest their organs while their still young enough to be useful !

:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Well if I was dying and needing a organ transplant and the only organ available was one harvested from an inmate, I'll take the organ thank you very much.

If China is finding a way to offset the costs of prison system so be it.

Maybe we should all consider this. It might give us some incentive to get prisoners through the "death sentence" system faster. This having people on death row for 20 years is nuts. Let's harvest their organs while their still young enough to be useful !

:)

Aside from how bizzare that is, what about the innocent who get excuted? What does that make us if we execute an innicent person, part them out and then realize we fucked up?

Expedite the execution process? So more errors in exchange for less cost and free organs? Are you advocating mass havoc?

What does that make us if we execute an innicent person, part them out and then realize we fucked up?

Innocents should be patched up back together and revived. Guilty parties should remain dead and split into different entities.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I don't have a problem with harvesting organs for transplant. Why not? Let it be their way of giving back to society. I'd have a problem with there being a financial benefit, though, because that creates a bigger incentive to "get prisoners through the 'death sentence' systme faster."

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'd have a problem with there being a financial benefit, though, because that creates a bigger incentive to "get prisoners through the 'death sentence' systme faster."

And that is exactly it. In a country of over 1 billion people, with a very secrative judicial system, it could be very beneficial to kill a couple of million for their organs and would be relatively easy to hide.

Specially since the Chinese have already decided that the gap between rich and poor is too big and they ahve to do something to stifle social unrest.