Andy9o8

FBI can't afford e-mail accounts for some agents

Now what the hell's wrong with this picture?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/20/fbi.email.ap/index.html

So in the year 2006, 4 1/2 years after 9/11, the Federal government can't afford to give all FBI agents in the field e-mail accounts?

Gee, you don't suppose the Feds are letting "something else" suck up their money, do you?
Can anyone say "ripple effect?"

Now what the hell's wrong with this picture?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/20/fbi.email.ap/index.html

So in the year 2006, 4 1/2 years after 9/11, the Federal government can't afford to give all FBI agents in the field e-mail accounts?

Gee, you don't suppose the Feds are letting "something else" suck up their money, do you?
Can anyone say "ripple effect?"

I say "whining for money."

SNIFF. CRY. Our FBI budget is so SNIFF SMALL that our poor agents can't even have E-MAIL address. SNIFF. We need a few million to fix this travesty.

We're almost 9 trillion dollars in debt.

Yeah, I know. My point being: what do you suppose is one of the biggest items (lately) causing that figure?
My real point is to question the priorities. We all know what's sucking up the federal govt's money (now don't we?) Frankly, I'd rather see the money better spent on giving FBI agents the 21st Century tools needed to keep my children safe at home.

Really? Why? I re-read the story after you posted, just to see if the sourcing was shaky.

I'm willing to discount Schumer's remarks, because he's partisan. But the story, by the Associated Press, quotes, by name, Mark Mershon, head of the FBI's New York office, as he spoke to a New York Daily News editorial board meeting. And the 2 (separate) FBI spokeswomen seem to impliedly confirm the report. Unless you were being facaetious, I don't see why you doubt the story.