Amazon

What will America under Martial Law be like.

Okay, well, I guess you win. It's obvious that I'm outmatched on this one. Feel free to come back and beat me up any time.

Brie

It's not about winning and losing. (I started my first jury trial yesterday - THAT is about winning and losing). In this forum, it's all academic and looking at ideas.

You are positing that a President could not get Congress to pass a law authorizing warrantless wiretaps. I am positing that it can happen, and I have shown a way that it can be done.

The commerce clause is increasingly expansive in its scope. The 9th and 10th Amendments, as well as the "penumbra" rights under the 1st, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments, have fallen by the wayside. It's why you cannot grow your own pot for your own use without facing federal charges. Where's the right to privacy? It's been taken away in favor of a larger regulatory scheme.

It's happened, and will happen again is all I'm saying. Bush wouldn't have done the warrantless wiretaps if he didn't think there was a legitimate reason for doing so.

My wife is hotter than your wife.