Dolph

Self censorship (Muslims boycotting Denmark)

It makes me curious - have any American papers or mags reprinted the cartoons? My quick Google search didn't turn up any.

Nope. We only helped foment this news “event” in preparation for our imminent military strikes on Iran. Once they were on board with our plan, the European allies got assigned the dirty political conditioning work. Which I believe will cost them much less than the price in terms of lives and dollars we Americans may be about to pay for actively dismantling the “Islamic Bomb” program. Of course, shouldering the military heavy lifting is considerably more lucrative for industry, so in one sense we should be okay …

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

Are you referring to the Top Secret Plan Bush is hatching to deliver a devestating Nuclear attack on Iran? If so, I'm beginning to believe you're a real Senator. :ph34r:

JohnRich, EXCELLENT post. I need not even make my own statement because it would just be a reiteration.

From the article:

In Paris, the daily newspaper France Soir fired its managing editor after it republished the caricatures Wednesday, and in Pakistan protesters marched chanting "Death to Denmark" and "Death to France."

If muslims are calling for "death to so-and-so" because of a paper insult, they are truly deranged and psychotic. Since they make clear that they are a deadly threat to Denmark and France, I posit that those countries are entitled to go into full-defensive mode against muslims, using whatever means necessary to protect themselves from attack.

How fuckin' long does the world have to tolerate being on the receiving end of endless death threats from islam?

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan was quoted as saying the cartoons -- one depicting the founder of Islam wearing a turban resembling a bomb --showed press freedom should have its limits.

Muslims consider it sacrilegious to produce a likeness of the Prophet Mohammad.

See that? MUSLIMS consider it a sacrilege. If I'm not a muslim, I don't have to limit what I do, say, read, etc. to conform to islamic law. MUSLIMS do. Just as if I am catholic and not jewish, I don't have to avoid eating pork and cheeseburgers. Where the fuck do they get off pretending that because THEY can't do something under islam, that EVERYONE can't do it?

"The cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad are an attack on our spiritual values. There should be a limit to press freedom," the state Anatolian news agency quoted Erdogan as telling French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy during talks in Ankara.

So the entire world is supposed to knuckle under to islamic law? Fuck you, dude. Eat shit and die, along with the rest of your hordes.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

If they didn't have OIL all they would have is a big beach with no ocean and their GOD! Nothing goes down better after a hard day of beatings,cannings,and fanatisism than a tall, cool,can of mohamed! Unfortunately it would'nt sell NO PICTURE on the CAN,nobody likes NO FRILLS,this message brought to you by the council for free speech our MOTTO (f--k mohamad have a danish)
No matter where you Go!"there you are"!

If Islamic tradition forbids creating any image of the prophet Mohammed, then how is that Muslims could know the Danish cartoons were depicting Mohammed?

:D

Actually there are plenty of depictions of Mohammed even in islamic art in Mecca. Also, this is by no means the first time someone has made caricatures: Clicky

Hell, he was in South Park. Did we see any anti US demonstrtations then? Oh wait... ;)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Didn't the Taliban destroy centuries-old stone carvings of Buddha?

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT THEIR GOD OR THEIR PROPHET?! THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYONE [I]ELSE'S[/I] RELIGION OR GOD, OR WHETHER THEY GIVE OFFENSE TO THEM.

-
-Jeffrey

There's a wee bit of difference between Turkey and the old Afghanistan...

There's a wee bit of difference between Turkey and the old Afghanistan...

Would that difference matter much to the person who drew these cartoons if he happened to be gotten ahold of by the present Turkish government?

Do you really believe that this person would be allowed to fare very well at the hands of Turkish muslims?

-
-Jeffrey

Would that difference matter much to the person who drew these cartoons if he happened to be gotten ahold of by the present Turkish government?

Actually yes. There is a very strong separation of religion and state in Turkey. So no, I do not think he would be stoned, caned, shot, decapitated or whatever else the Taliban could dream up.

Do you really believe that this person would be allowed to fare very well at the hands of Turkish muslims?

If you choose to insult someone just because you can, you should expect them to be insulted. However, Turkey is by far the most moderate muslim country around.

Edit: Shouldn't you be in bed?

If you choose to insult someone just because you can, you should expect them to be insulted. However, Turkey is by far the most moderate muslim country around.

Edit: Shouldn't you be in bed?

Yeah, probably. But I worked til 2 and the cafeteria has free WiFi... all I have at home is dialup [:/] So I stayed late tonight. Um, 2 hours late. :D

Turkey is not the only muslim country calling for, um, shall we say "drastic opposition" to the publishing of these comics, is it?

I have to imagine (though I have not gone out into cyberspace in search of more articles) that other islamic nations are joining the call to censor the news in free countries around the world just for the sake of not offending the pussy sensibilities of muslims of all nations.

Anyway, the very idea that people of a given religion can be so obsessively preoccupied with what the fuck the rest of the world thinks of them makes islam pathetic, in my view. If they're happy worshiping their god the way they want, they shouldn't give a hairy rat's ass what I or some Danish comic-strip writer thinks of them or their god or their prophet.

I think it's well past time for muslims to get the fuck over themselves. The world does not have to restrict its freedom just to keep from offending these fuckin' NUTS.

-
-Jeffrey

One could draw many parallels between the Muslim establishment and the controlling Inner party in George Orwell's 1984 - 2 minute Hate etc. It is a method of control as simple as that. The West went through it in 600 years ago with the Crusades.

Islam itself is no more to blame for the atrocities that these people commit than Catholicism is to blame for the acts of the IRA in the 70/80s in the UK.

Personally I don't need the promises of an afterlife or the threat of hell to do the right thing in my life...

[:/]
One day, I'm gonna grow wings, a chemical reaction, hysterical and useless...

"CNN has chosen to not show the cartoons in respect for Islam out of fear of reprisal."

Well what do you know - Americans once again stay out of it.

Your error is in equating "CNN" with "Americans". They are one news organization. They do not represent all Americans.

What I am saying is that religion itself is not the problem. If all religions disappeared tomorrow, evil people would use something else to control their drones.

Hitler made people do unspeakable things and it wasn't in the name of religion.
One day, I'm gonna grow wings, a chemical reaction, hysterical and useless...

What I am saying is that religion itself is not the problem. If all religions disappeared tomorrow, evil people would use something else to control their drones.

Hitler made people do unspeakable things and it wasn't in the name of religion.

Off the top of my head, I can think of about 6 million people who, if they could, might take issue with that.

"In Paris, the daily newspaper France Soir fired its managing editor after it republished the caricatures"

Well what do you know - France surrenders again.

Your error is in equating "CNN" with "Americans". They are one news organization. They do not represent all Americans.

Hmmm, which way is it JR?

"In Paris, the daily newspaper France Soir fired its managing editor after it republished the caricatures"

:)
Apparently you don't know The Rules.

If the French do it, it's because they're cheese eating surrender monkeys. If Americans do it, it shows superior judgement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fair enough, your point is noted, and you got me.

The French, however, are well-known for surrendering.
The same cannot be said for Americans.

If Islamic tradition forbids creating any image of the prophet Mohammed, then how is that Muslims could know the Danish cartoons were depicting Mohammed?

Excellent point! Ha!

Thank you, but I have to backpeddle on this one. Apparently the original cartoons each bore the name “Muhammed” proximate to the depiction of the Mohammed character. In the adulterated version of the cartoons I viewed initially, the editors already had stricken the name. This last batch I saw contained the original artwork with the “Muhammed” label unabridged. That makes me appreciate a little better why Muslims were horked-off by the cartoons, though of course the death threats and outrageous demands, including censorship, by some Muslims are not excusable.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!