Darius11

Pretend you are the leader of a country.

You are at war with terrorist they have attacked your country twice and murdered thousands of people.

One of their leader safe house has been located in Pakistan in a busy city street
If you choose to take him out there will be 10-100 civilian lives lost if you let him go you have no idea when and if you will find him again.
Do you pick from above.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

in reply to "Pretend you are the leader of a country'

Do we got lots of large nukes in this country?

Enough already ...where's the button?...why is not it pushed?...... here gimme... ahh that's what all that work was for ... hey why didn't they go off?

You mean they don't really work at all those nuke things?
creating peace through deterant ..yeah right.

:):):):):)

Never has so much power been wasted by so few for so long .
Ok lets start agin.......this time without da BS ..

Once upon a time .................... kaboom ...ohh that one worked... here try this one it's not so rusty... booooom .....arright it worked too. the yank ones are better the rusky ones aree duds and these ones go off in the fire....fzzzzzz..pop

This world is just like little kids playing with old bullets and rusty handgerns.

This is close to a redneck conversation I heard the other day .....:P...and the day before that.

I might try sending in troops to grab him if I thought the risk to those troops was reasonably low, but only if they had shitloads of air support. Otherwise I would have the airforce drop a Daisy Cutter and it would suck to be anyone in the general vicinity of Mr. Terrorist.

Cheers,

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

The Pakis are a bunch of two-faced cocksuckers and no fucking allies of ours. We shovel dinero at them while they shelter al-Qaeda and sell their nuclear secrets to the world. Hell I'll nuke the fucking city and ask them if they'd like some more.

I mean their fucking presidents is named Perves, who the fuck names their president after preverts ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Yes, I am sure you would be much happier if it was run as a US hostile theocracy instead.

I'm unaware about how much you know about the internal political climate in Pakistan and the ethnic and religious/secular divisions.

If you were I would like to think that'd you'd see Pervez as rather artistic and ingenious in the way he's managed to hold on to power and prevent it from devolving into a set of Islamic fiefdoms, divided amongst those with guns.

Lots of things in the air at the same time.

i think when we start sacrificing innocent, civilians' lives in order to capture a single war-lord (or any other title), war loses its efficacy.

true, sending Allied troops in may mean more soldiers killed (compared to just dropping a bomb) but it may ALSO mean more civilian lives saved. for the people leading the attack (in this case, the Allies) it almost seems subjectivist to value an AMERICAN/EUROPEAN troop's life over a MIDDLE EASTERNER'S. an innocent life spared is an innocent life spared, no matter race/religion etc.

was that even what you were asking?!?!?! i don't think it matters whether the Allies get SPECIFICALLY this 1 war-lord because his/her influence may still exist. true, you'd be eliminating the original source, but then you still have to go round up all the followers.

P.S. i too voted on a general idea (although i named specific countries). honestly, i don't understand the current US-Middle East-Europe situation, otherwise my vote might have changed. i was voting idealistically :)
~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com