artistcalledian

woman, sometimes partly responsible for rape?

Weren't you on an eleventysix week ban?

You should be looking at that ugly twat in your avatar. ;)

But back on topic, if that guy in your avatar was doing the raping, I would say the woman is never to blame in any way. :|

How did anyone find anything to discuss in this thread [:/]
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

That's not what I said!! I never said the accusation was false, just that the accusation that it was a DATE rape as in drugged! In my second post I even clarified that I didn't mean that. Did you really read it that I claimed 970 out of every 1000 rapes were false accusations????

What a silly thread. This is like saying, "If someone goes to the wrong part of town and gets killed, are they responsible for murder?" No, they may not have made the best choices, but the only one who is responsible is the one who pulled the trigger. Most of us have put ourselves in sticky situations at one time or another. It doesn't mean we should be violated because of it.

WTF!!??? When did I ever say anything like that? Noone SHOULD be violated for putting themselves in stupid situations, of course not, but in ceartain circumstances they shouldn't be surpirsed if they are. If I run across the road without looking and gt mowed down by a truck, I shouldn't have been mowed down by a truck but I shouldn't be surprised if I am! I even said....

Before someone jumps on me, i'm not saying this is an excuse for rape or anything like that so don't even go there

This is like saying, "If someone goes to the wrong part of town and gets killed, are they responsible for murder?"

No it's not, you've taken my stance on this completely wrong.

Are you sure you are replying to my post? :S

*sigh*

Edited to add a few things.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

That was just a mistyped statement.

He was talking about date rape drugs and tainted drinks, not about rape reports.

Thanks RhondaLea, i'm glad you saw what I meant, I thought I was going crazy!

Actually, come to think of it, it wasn't mistyped, I said 970 out of every 1000 date rape accusations are false, which they are, date rape is different to rape, if 970 of the 1000 women who claim they were date raped weren't actually drugged then they weren't date raped, just raped.

Woohoo, go brain! :D

Actually, come to think of it, it wasn't mistyped, I said 970 out of every 1000 date rape accusations are false, which they are, date rape is different to rape, if 970 of the 1000 women who claim they were date raped weren't actually drugged then they weren't date raped, just raped.

Woohoo, go brain! :D

One more misunderstanding to clear up.

"Date rape" doesn't mean "given a date rape drug." There are a lot of women who are assaulted by men with whom they have relationships that the women do not intend to be sexual. And that's why it's called "date rape." The so-called "date rape drugs" are derived from that, not the other way around.

And I guess I should be using the word "people" because 10% of rape victims are men.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

...if 970 of the 1000 women who claim they were date raped weren't actually drugged then they weren't date raped, just raped. :D

Upon further reflection, I like the attitude this bespeaks.

You're right.

The term "date rape" diminishes the emotive content elicted by the word "rape" used alone. It somehow minimizes the fact that rape is just as devastating (and possibly more so) if it is committed upon one by a "friend" or acquaintance.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

...if 970 of the 1000 women who claim they were date raped weren't actually drugged then they weren't date raped, just raped. :D

You're right.

The term "date rape" diminishes the emotive content elicted by the word "rape" used alone. It somehow minimizes the fact that rape is just as devastating (and possibly more so) if it is committed upon one by a "friend" or acquaintance.

rl

Rape... date rape... call it what you will it's reprehensible, perhaps even more so when it's done by an alleged 'friend'...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

You're right.

rl

Hey I never laughed after I said that! That would be so wrong. Are you trying to make me look evil Rhonda? ;)

Hey I never laughed after I said that! That would be so wrong. Are you trying to make me look evil Rhonda? ;)

Whoops! Sorry. I took out the last line, but I didn't delete the emoticon.

Bad Rhonda, bad bad Rhonda. :(

rl

Whoops! Sorry. I took out the last line, but I didn't delete the emoticon.

Bad Rhonda, bad bad Rhonda. :(

rl

Hehe, it's ok, I am evil really. :P