AlexCrowley

Cultural and social ramifications of DZ.com's Bonfire forum midway through the first decade of the twentyfirst century and it's impact on social networking, religion, and the simulation of fluid dynamics on 3 dimensional models in virtual worlds.

After two weeks of study I feel I can safely report my findings.

It's really crap.

Unless you're from a dropzone somewhere in CA and you've all slept with each other.

In which case it might be fun in a 'lets not think too hard cos it hurts' way.

Thank you.

tanoshimou ne!

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

After two weeks of study I feel I can safely report my findings.

It's really crap.

Unless you're from a dropzone somewhere in CA and you've all slept with each other.

In which case it might be fun in a 'lets not think too hard cos it hurts' way.

Thank you.

tanoshimou ne!

Took you 2 weeks to figure that out? You're slipping. :D

... dropzone somewhere in CA and you've all slept with each other.

Sounds great! B|B|

Which DZ & flight info please?:D

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

"the simulation of fluid dynamics on 3 dimensional models in virtual worlds."

Finally. something that might hold my interest for more than a few half hearted insults.:)
Okay, which CFD codes are you using?
I'm primarily interested in linear and quasi linear blast and ultra fast deflagration modelling, up to and including sonic wavefront simulations.
How do you simplify elastic structural response?
If so, what failure criteria do you employ and how do you simulate debris fields and their interaction with reverse acting pulses.
I'm primarily intrested in urban and densely populated industrial scenarios, how do you account for chaotic population distribution and vent congestion?

Ooooh, so much to talk about, so little time.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I only use them in the most cursory fashion as the word 'engineer' in my job title is negated by the prefix 'software', and I'm using them to build a game environment (and trying to walk a fine line between realistic yet fun and awesomely boring and accurate).

http://www.rccm.co.jp/~juk/cfd/CFD_codes.html Free.

Since I'm just a lowly guy trying to build something fun I dont have much cause to investigate simulating shit blowing up in busy areas.

chaotic population distribution is interesting though. How does one mitigate the lattice effect effectively?

:P

That was a fine example of me talking out of my ass. Basically if it isnt in 'Building Virtual Worlds' or 'Oreillys Physics for Game programmers' I have no clue what the hell you're talking about :)

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.