rhino

Iraqi leaders call for U.S. withdrawal timetable...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10147801/

Iraqi leaders call for U.S. withdrawal timetable
Community leaders say opposition has 'legitimate right' of resistance

I say fuck them all at this point.. Let's pull up the tents and go home.. They want to deal with this themselves.. They think the insurgency is legitimate??? Fine... Let's go home............

If you read the story on Fox they talk about the idea being to smooth things over with the some of the factions like the Suni's.

Leave it to PMSNBC to make it look different.>:(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I suggest people read the article. The title only relates one group's position. the overall content and plan from the conference looks consistent with plans all along (no time table, rather specific conditions satisfied, the sunnis want to legitimize public attacks, etc).

Nothing new here. Other than an honest attempt to bring all the subcultures together results in the same bitter infighting we already knew about. They didn't seem to draw together like many would hope would have happened. At least from this article.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We gotta get out sometime. The only debate is when & how. Although I didn't agree with the invasion, I don't agree with people who say we should just drop everything & walk out right now. I mean, we haven't even gotten to the elections in late December yet.

I think the current idea in the Iraqi govt is to end the occupation by the end of next year.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

We gotta get out sometime. The only debate is when & how. Although I didn't agree with the invasion, I don't agree with people who say we should just drop everything & walk out right now. I mean, we haven't even gotten to the elections in late December yet.

I think the current idea in the Iraqi govt is to end the occupation by the end of next year.

Meanwhile, 6 years later, we're still in Kosovo while everybody's panties are in a wad about getting out of Iraq.

Meanwhile, 6 years later, we're still in Kosovo

Why, yes... yes I am!! :P;):)
Timetables are all well and good.... as PROJECTIONS ONLY. The realities of the situation may very well dictate something entirely different...

Bosnia was supposed to be (IIRC), 1 or 2 years, max... we've been there 10. I don't recall what the "timetable" was supposed to be for Kosovo...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bosnia was supposed to be (IIRC), 1 or 2 years, max... we've been there 10.

Obviously somebody LIED. Those lying liers, lying about their lies.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Bosnia was supposed to be (IIRC), 1 or 2 years, max... we've been there 10.

Obviously somebody LIED. Those lying liers, lying about their lies.

:|Reading your last line gave me a pain in the head[:/]
;):D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Meanwhile, 6 years later, we're still in Kosovo

Why, yes... yes I am!! :P;):)
Timetables are all well and good.... as PROJECTIONS ONLY. The realities of the situation may very well dictate something entirely different...

Bosnia was supposed to be (IIRC), 1 or 2 years, max... we've been there 10. I don't recall what the "timetable" was supposed to be for Kosovo...

How long has the US been in Korea?

Isn't it about time someone in our fearless leadership learned that going in is a much much easier proposition than getting out?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Looks like your everyday Kosovar... yup!

I don't get outside the wire often at all... I stay out of trouble that way!! :)

My team was with the Greeks. It's good to be fairly autonomous and away from the flagpole. A good time was had by all. But not if any of the higher ups are asking. >:( B|