kallend

Busted!

Now honestly, did any democrats NOT know that was scripted? Did any republicans honestly think it was just an unscripted discussion with some US troops? It was a PR event, carefully scripted to put the war in the best possible light. Exactly as one might expect.

Wow, like the reporter that coached the Army SPC to ask SecDef Rumsfeld about up-armor vehicles?

Wow, like the staged pile of rocks on the beach left for President Clinton to make into a cross, on the shores of Normandy?

Wow, like the staged pictures from the US Virgin Island of President and Mrs. Clinton dancing by the waterfall, with no music, just in time for a little kiss?

Wow, like the media staged a "reality" of New Orleans being a killing and raping zone in the stadium and convention center?

Wow, like the FALSE DOCUMENTS CBS NEWS staged to tell the story of the President's supposed non-service to our country?

Wow, and it's an article from a reporter for the WASHINGTON POST.

The press would never never advocate such behavior!

Give me a break. Where's Quade when you need him, isn't there some amount of prep that media will provide to people who are not familiar with how it works, to make best use of time, space, etc. The President has been known for careful prep for all his appearances. So was his predecessor. The double standard reveals itself yet again.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Now honestly, did any democrats NOT know that was scripted? Did any republicans honestly think it was just an unscripted discussion with some US troops? It was a PR event, carefully scripted to put the war in the best possible light. Exactly as one might expect.

What anyone thought and what Scott McClellan originally said (before being busted) were quite different things. Maybe McClellan just had "faith based intel".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Give me a break.

I asked if anyone thought these things were _not_ scripted in advance. Do you believe they _are_ scripted? If so, that's a pretty vehement agreement with me you just posted there.

>The double standard reveals itself yet again.

Which double standard is that? What on earth are you disagreeing with?

Those wascally wepublicans... so unspontaneous, not like those democrats, so forthright, honest and and and, UNscripted... yeah... :S

I don't see what the big deal is... doesn't just about every politician stack the deck like this when it comes to such events?

-the artist formerly known as sinker

>doesn't just about every politician stack the deck like this when it comes to such events?

Yep. I get amused at the democrat's outrage when a republican does this as much as I'm amused by the right's righteous indignation when they see the left do the same thing. You would think after a while both sides would figure it out. It's all smoke and mirrors people!

I recall a Daily Show skit where they sent a reporter to the Republican National Convention. He'd ask a GOPer something about Kerry, then ask a democrat the same question. He'd be confused by the conflicting reports. Then he'd go back to the GOPer and ask him to clarify. After a few ping-pongs he stopped and said "Wait a minute! I get it now! You're all lying to me!"

>The double standard reveals itself yet again.

Which double standard is that? What on earth are you disagreeing with?

I'm disagreeing with the thoughtful, and self-righteous assessment by the press on this issue. They've propogated more of this type of stuff than most politicians have. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

So you REALLY expected honesty from a politician, ANY politician, in todays environment?:|
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I would like to take a moment to point out that GIs were so loath to be anywhere near Klinton during his staged photo-ops that they had to be threatened with disciplinary action.

mh

i loved the pic of the soldier shaking hands w/ heil-hillary while crossing his fingers w/ a shit-eating grin on his face... priceless...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Wow, like the reporter that coached the Army SPC to ask SecDef Rumsfeld about up-armor vehicles?

Wow, like the staged pile of rocks on the beach left for President Clinton to make into a cross, on the shores of Normandy?

Wow, like the staged pictures from the US Virgin Island of President and Mrs. Clinton dancing by the waterfall, with no music, just in time for a little kiss?

Wow, like the media staged a "reality" of New Orleans being a killing and raping zone in the stadium and convention center?

Wow, like the FALSE DOCUMENTS CBS NEWS staged to tell the story of the President's supposed non-service to our country?

Yep...just like that. But for some reason you have a problem with those things and not with this. Biased?

Yep...just like that. But for some reason you have a problem with those things and not with this. Biased?

I believe you forgot the last part of his post:

Give me a break. Where's Quade when you need him, isn't there some amount of prep that media will provide to people who are not familiar with how it works, to make best use of time, space, etc. The President has been known for careful prep for all his appearances. So was his predecessor. The double standard reveals itself yet again.

Since he says that, in essence, everyone does it - perhaps his disgust is with those that would focus on "Bush did this" and forget the parts about "Yes, and so did everyone else".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706