kallend

As the worm turns

It is an interesting (and somewhat ugly) twist. Your title to the post is right on. More than anything else I get pissed off by double standards and the conservatives are using one now if they move ahead.

I too am pissed at GWB with this pick. (she may be great) I wanted the fight to get a known quantity in the Supreme Court.

I do think I understand the presidents reluctance to take the fight on because of some of the less gutsy Republicans that he would have to count on to win such a fight[:/]

Will be interesting to watch........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You're not implying that these honoured republicans would resort to (gasp) litmus tests on issues they feel are important? :ph34r:
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Blah, blah, blah.....and if all conservatives supported her nomination, you'd be bitching that they were all just acting in lock step..blah, blah, blah......:S

So you don't think it funny that those who adamantly opposed probing Roberts on the issues are now wanting desperately to probe this lady?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Blah, blah, blah.....and if all conservatives supported her nomination, you'd be bitching that they were all just acting in lock step..blah, blah, blah......:S

So you don't think it funny that those who adamantly opposed probing Roberts on the issues are now wanting desperately to probe this lady?

No. Now if you had made a post that said "here is someone who opposed asking Roberts about specific issues who now doesn't hold the same standard on Miers", then I would agree with you. But you have framed it as it being a constant throughout the Republican Party and Conservatives. It's a bullshit article and you know it.

I heard this on the radio today, her name is Harriet. When was the last time there was a scandal with a person named Harriet? There's nothing there. No dirt. No poop. Nothing. Her name is Harriet, think of the good women named Harriet: Harriet Tubman, Harriet Beecher Stowe. With a name like that, she should get a pass.

I was laughing at the simplicity of it.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>I can tell you the next month or so will not be a very good time for Republicans.

Sadly, the democrats will probably exploit this for all its worth. Not because they have come up with any better answers to any of the problems facing our country, but because they will be able to say "well, at least we didn't do X." It would be nice to see someone talking about solutions instead of talking about how the other guy screwed up worse.

>I can tell you the next month or so will not be a very good time for Republicans.

Sadly, the democrats will probably exploit this for all its worth. Not because they have come up with any better answers to any of the problems facing our country, but because they will be able to say "well, at least we didn't do X." It would be nice to see someone talking about solutions instead of talking about how the other guy screwed up worse.

I agree. Unfortunately, thats the way the political game is played these days.

Most of he trouble I'm talking about hasn't surfaced in the press yet, but it's pretty bad if it's true. If so the people involved will not get support from me.

Yes, and I would like to have a little monkey who would serve me finger sandwiches and beer.

Alas, neither are likely to happen in my world anytime soon. [:/]:|
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

>Yes, and I would like to have a little monkey who would serve me finger sandwiches and beer.

I'd be happy with a hedgehog that could tow a little cart with beer on it. A monkey could get annoying. All the chittering and chasing of bananas and whatnot.

But, but, yak yak blah blah CLINTON blah blah CLINTON yak yak sKERRY blah blah CLINTON blah blah TEDDY KENNEDY yak yak...

But, but, yak yak blah blah CLINTON blah blah CLINTON yak yak sKERRY blah blah CLINTON blah blah TEDDY KENNEDY yak yak...

yak yak.. Bush Lied..yak yak Bush lied yak yak.. War for Olil..yak yak Bush is an IDIOT yak yak..

Hey, c'mon now. That's way over the top. The war wasn't for oil.

:D

Oh yeah thats right. If it was for oil, I wouldn't be paying $3.29 a gallon.

yak yak.. NO WMDs..yak yak... :ph34r:

If it waswere for oil and had been properly planned and successfully carried out, I wouldn't be paying $3.29 a gallon.

There, that's better.

Hey, c'mon now. That's way over the top. The war wasn't for oil.

:D

Oh yeah thats right. If it was for oil, I wouldn't be paying $3.29 a gallon.

yak yak.. NO WMDs..yak yak... :ph34r:

If it waswere for oil and had been properly planned and successfully carried out, I wouldn't be paying $3.29 a gallon.

There, that's better.

yak yak.. Bush is an Idiot..Yak yak ;)