Darius11

What Age should the age of consent be?

You already received your last warning. I've banned you from Speakers' Corner permanently.

I've disabled his username.

Message to others out there (and some of them are posting to this thread): If you choose to troll, deliberately break the forum rules and make life miserable for users and moderators on here, I will remove your posting privileges and access to these forums. It's as simple as that, and the choice is yours.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I don't. I think that a sick mind, fueled by sick information and sick examples and sick entertainment go a long way toward making a kid just not care about anyone in society but him or herself.

We're talking about two different things. The above is post-modern angst, although there's a different kind of truth in it. My original post was intended to be about brain development. But I'll address my take on what you're asserting.

But that doesn't mean a kid can't understand that killing someone kills them forever. I think that the sick murdering kids these days simply decide, "Humph. I don't give a fuck!"

I'm not talking about "kids today," PJ. I'm talking about "kids always."

What makes it worse today is that kids see actors lying in a welter of gore one day and the next they see them smiling during an interview. In past times, pre-silver screen, bodies did not get up again and talk. Except for vampires, of course.

Children are not capable of understanding death. Their brains take a long time to develop to the point that they can process the finality. The awareness comes to them over time as they experience permanent loss. But that loss comes at different times for all of us, in different quantity, and in its absence, with the presence of endlessly reincarnating characters, it's not all that hard to understand why children wouldn't expect their victim to rise and walk again.

I've actually read articles about this happening, which is why it came to mind.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb