Kinaa

Iraq's Child Prisoners

http://www.sundayherald.com/43796

Nice way to show the democraty that you bringing them.
And you wonder why they resist...:S

That's gotta be a bunch of bullshit. Kinda like the "Allah will welcome you with open arms and a shitload of virgins" crap that they feed them so they will gleefully commit murder.

edited to add:
The recent Abu Graib incidents were an anomaly committed by some very out-of-control people. Even then the vast majority of what they did barely rises beyond the level of fraternity hazing.

There is one hell of a difference between that kind of thing and forcible rape of a young boy. What a bunch of crap.

Walt

Even if it is true, it is the work of a few individuals , not the whole American army.

Most American soldiers wouldn;t do a thing like that, because they are professional and decent people. But you get bad eggs in every basket.

And you said "And you wonder why they resist" - That sounds like your blaming the whole American army, but thats unfair as relatively few individuals are doing this in comparsin with the size of the forces there.

Also, do you really believe most American soldeirs didn;t go there to bring democracy - even if they didnt want to go, don't you think that that is what they would have wanted to give the Iraqi people?

Also, terrorist propaganda is probably one of the biggest resistance reasons aswell, not just this,

you are forgetting one major point: the bad actions of a few will definately have more impact than the good actions af all the rest. the reason is that is what will be paraded around on the news and by insurgents. right now there are more than a million heart wrenching stories of great actions by americans, but the only place you hear about them is the occaisional emailed story from a friend.
and as for the soldiers bringing democracy to iraq: what a load of crap. it is not our business how the people of iraq want to live. their way of life leans away from a democracy. just because we think it works for us, where do we get off telling the rest of the world what to do?

They might have more impact agreed,
but how you can say we brought democracy was a load of crap i can;t quite see -

Under SH, there was NO democracy, now he is gone there is a better form of it, but not perfect by all means.

Saying we should leave them and let them decide, well they had no choice under saddam and still wouldn;t. If we didn't intervene. saddam would still be there.

So what would you propose - let them decide> Ok fair Enough,

But you would have to remove Saddaem first for that. THEN let them decide. Otherwise he would be there still and there would never get a chance.

>I find it impossible to believe that rape story though.

We had a poster here recently who volunteered to help hook the battery cables up to the genitals of Iraqi prisoners. If there's one over here, odds are there is at leat one over there willing to do such things.

>I find it impossible to believe that rape story though.

We had a poster here recently who volunteered to help hook the battery cables up to the genitals of Iraqi prisoners. If there's one over here, odds are there is at leat one over there willing to do such things.

wanting to do something and being able to follow through are two different things.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

It would take 1 person rape and 2 or 3 more soldiers to turn their backs while it happened. THAT'S the part I disbelieve.

We had a poster here recently who volunteered to help hook the battery cables up to the genitals of Iraqi prisoners

If it's the same post I read thats not what he said. The post I read said something to the extent of if he had a prisoner who knew about a bombing or attack that was about to happen and that was the only way he was gonna get the info he needed. Then Red is Pos and Black is NEG. He never said he helped hook up the cables.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

We had a poster here recently who volunteered to help hook the battery cables up to the genitals of Iraqi prisoners

If it's the same post I read thats not what he said. The post I read said something to the extent of if he had a prisoner who knew about a bombing or attack that was about to happen and that was the only way he was gonna get the info he needed. Then Red is Pos and Black is NEG. He never said he helped hook up the cables.

Well, gee... thats no real surprise is it?

>It would take 1 person rape and 2 or 3 more soldiers to turn their
>backs while it happened. THAT'S the part I disbelieve.

The "2 or 3 soldiers to turn their backs" thing has happened at least half a dozen times, per courts-martial that have found servicemen responsible for torturing and killing detainees. I assume that if someone will turn their back on murder, a little rape would be easier to ignore. Heck, some of them _took_pictures_ they were so proud of their work!

The "2 or 3 soldiers to turn their backs" thing has happened at least half a dozen times, per courts-martial that have found servicemen responsible for torturing and killing detainees. I assume that if someone will turn their back on murder, a little rape would be easier to ignore.

murder? now you're just making shit up.

the courts martial convictions were for detainee abuse including such atrocities as picture taking and naked prisoner dog-piles. Must be rough to be a terrorist.........

***Because telling someone how to do it isn't helping them.

We actually have people here who are torture apologists. Wow. ***

You completely misread his entire statement. If he had a prisoner who knew intel of a bombing and that info to save lives and the cables were his only solution. Then he said he would go there. He never said he had or told anyone how to.

>You completely misread his entire statement.

Yeah, whatever.

"If I saw an insurgent building an IED to kill an American soldier who dropped a bomb on my family, my only comment would be 'red goes to positive, black goes to negative.' "

If you saw that quote from an Iraqi would you defend him too?

>murder? now you're just making shit up.

---------------------
BAGHDAD, Iraq - A U.S. military judge convicted an Army sergeant of murder Friday for the alleged mercy-killing of a severely injured Iraqi teenager, and sentenced him to a year's imprisonment.

Staff Sgt. Jonathan J. Alban-Cardenas of Inglewood, Calif., is the second soldier convicted of shooting the wounded 16-year-old as U.S. forces battled an uprising in Baghdad's Shiite Muslim stronghold of Sadr City in August.
------------------
Sentence Reduced for Fort Riley Soldier Convicted of Murder
AP

A Fort Riley soldier convicted of shooting a severely wounded Iraqi teenager to death has had his sentence reduced by two-thirds.

Army Staff Sergeant Johnny Horne Junior of Wilson, North Carolina, pleaded guilty at a December court martial to unpremeditated murder. The defense described the shooting near Baghdad in June of 2004 as a mercy killing.
------------------

Of course a lot of them will never be prosecuted:

-----------------
Pentagon Will Not Try 17 GI's Implicated in Prisoners' Deaths
By Douglas Jehl
The New York Times

Saturday 26 March 2005

Washington - Despite recommendations by Army investigators, commanders have decided not to prosecute 17 American soldiers implicated in the deaths of three prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003 and 2004, according to a new accounting released Friday by the Army.

Investigators had recommended that all 17 soldiers be charged in the cases, according to the accounting by the Army Criminal Investigation Command. The charges included murder, conspiracy and negligent homicide. While none of the 17 will face any prosecution, one received a letter of reprimand and another was discharged after the investigations.

To date, the military has taken steps toward prosecuting some three dozen soldiers in connection with a total of 28 confirmed or suspected homicides of detainees. The total number of such deaths is believed to be between 28 and 31.

"If I saw an insurgent building an IED to kill an American soldier who dropped a bomb on my family, my only comment would be 'red goes to positive, black goes to negative.' "

If you saw that quote from an Iraqi would you defend him too?

I am not defending him. You are just taking what that poster said and completly twisting his words. I cannot find the original post for some reason. It might have got deleted.

I am ...just taking what that poster said and ... twisting his words. I can ... post ... some reason. I...got ted.

So what you are saying is this "ted" guy is the murderer/shockmaster. :P

Get used to it. He has some points to make and if misrepresenting another's post in a negative light to that poster is what it takes, then the ends justify the means. I mean, you are the 'torture apologist' right? Some pigs are more equal than others - you must learn.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants