rushmc

Police Chiefs Support Right to Arms

POLICE CHIEFS ONCE AGAIN
STRONGLY SUPPORT RIGHT TO ARMS

The National Association of Chiefs of Police (NACOP) has released its "17th Annual National Survey of Police Chiefs & Sheriffs," and the responses show, yet again, that our nation's law enforcement officers staunchly support our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. The survey was sent to more than 22,000 Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs, and represents a cross section of professional command officers involving every state in the country.

According to a recent PHXnews.com article, NACOP asserts that " the public perception of how police view certain issues is based on media coverage, which is not necessarily accurate. When police chiefs and sheriffs are allowed to respond to poll questions anonymously, the politics may be removed from their answers."

The survey's results certainly seem to reflect that contention. Among the highlights:

93.6% of the respondents supported civilian gun-ownership rights;
96% of the police chiefs and sheriffs believe criminals obtain firearms from illegal sources, and;
63.1% believe concealed-weapons permits would reduce violent crime
Even though the media and anti-gun organizations frequently use politically-motivated, anti-gun police bureaucrats to promote their gun-ban message, the fact is that the vast majority of law enforcement officers reject this extremist, anti-gun agenda.

To view the entire survey, please visit http://www.aphf.org/surveyresults.pdf.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey, I may not agree with many things I see in American culture. The right apparent responsibility to bare arms used to be one of them. Then I realised, NOT baring arms is newer as a concept then carrying. As human beings, forming part of each and every culture, we have always been armed. It has always been the norm to own and know how to operate a means of self-defence.

I am of the mind that yes, everyone should be armed. Weather you take that to mean you should have a gun, or just be a ninja like me (lol).

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

In my mind, on one side of the argument, there are those who support civilian gun ownership. On the other side, there are fucking idiots.

Simply put and straight to the point!!!! God Bless you and your family. ;)

Green Grass and High Tides under Blue Skies

In my mind, on one side of the argument, there are those who support civilian gun ownership. On the other side, there are fucking idiots.

That was funny and direct.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That was funny and direct.

My first instinct was to make it more of a, you know, a poll. ;) You know, something like:

-----------------------------------------

Which side of the issure are you on?

() I support citizen gun ownership

() I'm a fucking idiot

---------------------------------------

But the crowd here doesn't seem to care much for a fair and balanced poll of opinions. :)
jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

My first instinct was to make it more of a, you know, a poll. You know, something like:

-----------------------------------------

Which side of the issure are you on?

() I support citizen gun ownership

() I'm a fucking idiot

---------------------------------------

But the crowd here doesn't seem to care much for a fair and balanced poll of opinions.

jen

Your poll options/choices would have been outstanding! However, sometimes a direct statement like the one you posted sums it up quite right. :ph34r:

Green Grass and High Tides under Blue Skies