kelel01

Hispanic group angry with runaway bride

Ok, I'm sick of this shit. Rest assured, should I fake my own kidnapping, I'll say it was a white person. Jeez. I just don't understand why people get so up in arms about things that clearly unbalanced people say.

Remember when Susan Smith drowned her two children and said they were abducted by a black guy? Same thing.

***The list of people who are angry at the runaway bride is growing.

A group called Hispanics Across America is demanding a public apology from Jennifer Wilbanks for telling police she had been abducted by a Hispanic man.

Wilbanks, during a phone call made to Duluth, Ga., authorities from Albuquerque, N.M., said she had been kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman. She later recanted the story.

She apparently made up the details of the story after befriending a Hispanic man and a white woman during her bus ride to Albuquerque.

“I am here demanding an apology for the Hispanic community,” said Fernando Mateo, the group’s president.

The group says it will meet with prosecutors to pursue a complaint against Wilbanks.

“I think now she needs to understand that what she did was criminal and the fact that she accused a Hispanic man could have led people to manhunt a Hispanic person for no reason whatsoever,” Matteo said.

Orlando Garcia, who helped cross the language barrier for the large Hispanic population in Duluth, said he was hurt by Wilbanks’ claim.

“We’re trying to help because no one ever knows if it would be their son, daughter or yourself,” he said, according to a translator. “I feel very bad, because I tried to help. The days she disappeared -- Wednesday, Thursday Friday -- three days I helped put the information into Spanish.”

“I want to understand what was going through her mind,” Matteo said.

He may not get his wish.

Wilbanks has not spoken since her return, though she is reportedly crafting a public statement.

Meanwhile, family members are equally baffled about Wilbanks’ flight.

“I wish I did know. If we all knew the answer to that question, we could get on a lot easier with the situation and understand some more things, [but] we just don’t’ know,” said Claude Mason, the father of Wilbanks’ fiancé, John Mason.

The Hispanic group has suggested that, as a form of punishment, Wilbanks be ordered to perform community service in the Hispanic community.

And this is a perfect example of one of those times when I wish all websites were forums . . . because I would let these people have it. >:(

kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman... during her bus ride to Albuquerque

Well I'm going to ask that she apologises to men across the world for making up a story that accuses a man.

Who wants to demand an apology on behalf of the "white community" because it included a white person?

Can a third person demand an apology on behalf of womankind as her story also included a woman.

Can someone else in Alberquerque demand an apology on behalf of the city as it's obviously a dangerous place to go.

And finally someone from the bus company should demand an apology for the fact that she appears to be intimating that it's dangerous to travel on busses.

All of the above are equally relevant. >:(

From Boortz.com:

"She also said she was captured in a blue van. What about all the owners of blue vans being offended?"

I've never had a blue van, but I've had a silver one, so I'm halfway offended. Think they'll let me join the blue-van-owners-class-action-lawsuit that some ambulance chaser is currently cooking up?

It reminds me of the South Park where Butters' mom tried to drown him when she went nuts over her husband's homosexual tendencies.

In true South Park sarcasm, they said Butters was abducted by "some Puerto Rican guy", and the APB went out.

Then they were consoled by the Ramseys. :S

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?