rickjump1

Moms Hold Breast-Feeding Protest in Fla.ublic

There's a time and a place for everything.

When your child needs to be nursed, it's time. Hopefully, you're in the right place!

I breast fed two children, and managed to do so without flashing anyone. If she was doing it with discretion, no one would have even noticed.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

This is one of the problems with America; too many people grow up thinking that there is something wrong with seeing a woman's naked breast. What is the big deal about seeing a woman breast-feeding her baby??? I just don't get it....

I agree with you. However, since we live in a time where there ARE people who think there is something wrong, we should at least try and be a little sensitive to them by being discreet if possible. If it's not possible, I say whip it out and feed junior. That is more important than someone's hangups (although some of the same people w/ this hangup probably has no problem at all w/ certain fashions that entail most of the breast being exposed.)

-the artist formerly known as sinker

This is one of the problems with America; too many people grow up thinking that there is something wrong with seeing a woman's naked breast. What is the big deal about seeing a woman breast-feeding her baby??? I just don't get it....

I agree with you. However, since we live in a time where there ARE people who think there is something wrong, we should at least try and be a little sensitive to them by being discreet if possible. If it's not possible, I say whip it out and feed junior. That is more important than someone's hangups (although some of the same people w/ this hangup probably has no problem at all w/ certain fashions that entail most of the breast being exposed.)

As many have written previously, the Constitution does not give anyone the right NOT to be offended.

I think breast feeding is cool!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's called common courtesy, and some people just don't get it.
(and it's becoming a little less common every day)

It's just another sign of civilization in steep decline.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

As many have written previously, the Constitution does not give anyone the right NOT to be offended.

And I would hope that the limits of one's behavior would be dictated by something other than whatever is allowed under the Constitution. Just because the Constitution doesn't prevent a person from being a jerk, it's not *required* that he be a jerk. Sometimes the Golden Rule is a better marker to set ones standards by.

I also think that breastfeeding is cool.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

And I would hope that the limits of one's behavior would be dictated by something other than whatever is allowed under the Constitution. Just because the Constitution doesn't prevent a person from being a jerk, it's not *required* that he be a jerk. Sometimes the Golden Rule is a better marker to set ones standards by.

I also think that breastfeeding is cool.

Breastfeeding a baby is not a sign of jerkdom. It's a sign of caring. If there are people that can't accept that, then they should look the other way and NOT try to prevent it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Breastfeeding a baby is not a sign of jerkdom.

As usual, the two camps have picked out their sides and are battering people over the head with their arguments.

It seems pretty clear to me that breastfeeding is something every mother has the right to do wherever they choose. It also seems clear to me that they should respect other people's sensibilities when they do so (whenever possible, of course.) But neither side is willing to concede on either point.

I mean, what do you people do if you have to fart on an elevator? If we go by this thread, half of you would hold it in until you got diverticulitis and the other half would let rip at the earliest opportunity. In real life I suspect you just try to wait until you're out of the elevator, no matter which side of the argument you take.

Breastfeeding a baby is not a sign of jerkdom. It's a sign of caring. If there are people that can't accept that, then they should look the other way and NOT try to prevent it. ***

OMG!! I'm going to die and go to Purgatory ;)
John and I agree on something!!!

Cheers, John!

I mean, what do you people do if you have to fart on an elevator?

What do you mean by "you people?" ;):D

linz

I squeeze my cheeks together really tight and push that sucker out into the open, making it sound like a trumpet blast. My old roomate in college could make different pitches w/ flatulence as he ascended the stairs. Each step a different tone.

I squeeze my cheeks together really tight and push that sucker out into the open, making it sound like a trumpet blast. My old roomate in college could make different pitches w/ flatulence as he ascended the stairs. Each step a different tone.

Excellent! As a friend of mine used to say, "There are two kinds of people in this world. "Those that fart and those who get pissed off at people who fart." Very profound IMHO. :D

The best time to fart is under the covers when there's someone else's head to pull the covers over....lol...hee, hee, hee...

linz

BAH!!!!! I love doing that to my ususpecting wife!! And she gets so pissed!! But she gets me right back w/ her silent-but-violent clokers that linger and linger and linger... they are just nasty.

The best time to fart is under the covers when there's someone else's head to pull the covers over....lol...hee, hee, hee...

linz

AKA "Dutch Oven"...>:(:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."