Skyrad

Bush is an assett for Islamic terror

Salmon Rushdie said he believes U.S. isolationism has turned not just its enemies against America, but its allies too.

Do you agree with him or not? What do you think?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050412/325/fg78z.html
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I think it's pissed of some countries. Whether that means they will or won't support us in a real crisis is another story -- I have a feeling that in a real crisis (e.g. actual invasion) there will still be an outpouring of support, much as there was after 9/11.

However, I don't think we get the benefit of the doubt in defining what we need or want support for. We've made it clear that we will take care of ourselves first, and other countries, who might have made sacrifices to help, will now take their own interests into account with much more vigor, and won't necessarily go out of their way to help any more.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

no , US isolationism might actually be a good thing. Because then we'd only be focused on national defense, not international, or pre-emptive or imaginative defense.

It is US IMPERIALISM that is helping the terrorists.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think he's encouraging the country to be scared, and that he's using that fear to take away some of our freedom, which is exactly what the terrorists want.

People who are scared tend to vote conservatively and look to demonstrably strong leadership. The people pruning the shrub are very much aware of this.

OH ..Lookeeeee another bash Bush thread......yawn.......zzzzzzzzzzz..............

Skyrad seems very preoccupied with portraying GWB and the USA in less than favorable light and he does so by way of starting these polls. With each new/lame poll, he attempts to sew the seeds of discontent. Too bad he has nothing else to occupy his life

Actualy if you look you'll see that I didn't state an opinion either way, simply asked a question. If Bush or the US are shown in a bad light then it is the people voting and responding to the post (AKA YOU!) that are holding the torch. And who is sadder Kevin? Me for posting my 'lame polls' or you for repeatedly responding to them?

Go jump off a bridge:P
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca