gmanpilot

Calling All Liberals.

No, That is not what I said. Nobody would get anything for free Think of it as society cosigning a loan that will be invested in a matter as to virtually guarantee a boost in lifetime earning potential.

It has been my life experience that when people earn something and paying for it up front they tend to value it and themselves more. How could the US be sure you would work in that field and make money? I feel it is much more important to revise k-12 education so Johnny can read and read a tape measure instead of reading books like "Heather has two mothers" ect.

Generalizing such programs so that they apply to all citizens helps eliminate loopholes, and allows administration to be more efficient. So more students get assistance with each dollar spent.

The more Gov't is involved the less efficient it is.

I feel it is much more important to revise k-12 education so Johnny can read and read a tape measure instead of reading books like "Heather has two mothers" ect.

Yeah, but here I am in Florida, where high school seniors struggle to pass a test that is written at about the eighth grade level, internationally. So we are not giving kids a decent K-12 education either. That needs to be fixxed as well; you are correct.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!