Islandcool

Would you plead for your life?

I remeber being 16 or 17 and I was at a party. There was this older guy he was like 30 that crashed it. He had one of the girls in the corner and he was pawing at her. She was telling him to leave her alone but no one at the party was doing anything about it. I had a few beers in me and decided I was going to save the day. I remeber walking up behind him with something in my had and I was going to whack him over the head with it. I got right up to him and he turn and stuck a gun in my face. I think it was a 38. It was a smaller revolver anyway. At that moment I would have done anything to be out of that situation. My attitude chaged from macho kick ass guy to get me the fuck outta here dude. Someone had drew his attention from me and I quicly departed. I gott tell you... That was minor compared to what some of these hostages are facing. I'm a little more mature and my reasoning is different but when it all comes down to it I think I would do anything to keep myself alive unless it put others in harm.

I dont think many people would have an ability to control their actions after subjection to torture... when minutes feel like hours, and you know they can keep you there as long as they like.... most people will probably say anything or do anything to make the pain stop.

And as for refusing armed guards, I dont think a couple of guys would really make a difference to the outcome of this or any abduction.... lets face it, our joint armies armed to the teeth can easily be subjected to an unexpected assult, let alone one woman with presumably low risk.

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

biggie said it best..... "nigas bleed just like me, imagine me being scared of a nigga that breaths the same air as me, niggas bled just like me ,imagine me coppin pleas , my life in his hands while he's just deciding" no i can definately say i would not plead for my life. i might say some shit to get a chance to take one guy out with me.... but if i haven't done anything wrong i won't be begging for my life. i like how that italian guy went out . he said to shoot him while looking in his eyes.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

i don't know how your living over there in the uk there my man. but i don't tend to talk a lot of shit. ......but you could be right. i don't know how any one who skydives, and takes it seriously could be afraid to die.

Not saying that you would be afraid of death... in fact, I can accept most people could get their head around it....

However, if you had an indefinate amount of torture in front of you - it may well be fear of pain that gets you.

Piss off the men - they may not kill you - more likely make you hurt .... for a long long time.

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

not to piss any one off...but to believe in something, specificcally ones own beliefs, takes the fear and pain away ...... that's how i see it anyway.........probrobly is best not to give too much thought to such morbid scenarios though......peace

i don't know how your living over there in the uk there my man. but i don't tend to talk a lot of shit. ......but you could be right. i don't know how any one who skydives, and takes it seriously could be afraid to die.

Bwhahaha... that really cracks me up. :D:D:D
What a macho BS!

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

I've gone through a mock execution, I didn't know at the time that I would live through it. I didn't plead for my life, I just waited for the bang. However if I were threatened with having my head hacked off in a prolonged hostage situation then for the same reasons previously mentioned by Pajarito I proberbly would.

Where, when and how did that happen? :(

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.

your the guy just reading all the posts and criticizing on everybody. making wrong assumptions and all......it's just so.....ugly.

You know what's ugly? Misanthropric statements like these: Thread1, Thread2.
Nothing wrong in critizising that, don't you think?

If "everybody" is pissed, then I couldn't care less. I'm stunned by the amount of ignorance and discrimination I find among my "fellow skydivers" in these forums.

Then again, who cares...
Next time I'm bored I won't read SC again, don't worry.

About my comment on your post:

i don't know how any one who skydives, and takes it seriously could be afraid to die.

I call BS because skydiving has nothing to do with being "fearless of death".
Noone is... I'd like to see your face when faced with a hopeless situation 2 seconds away from impact. Of course you'd stay cool, you wouldn't blink and just take it like a real alpha-male, huh? B|

yo man your, right about those threads one and two, but i'm not about that hillbilly redneck shit. you've got me wrong my friend. but with some of the posts people write i can see how you could be upset.

this speaker platform is the place for this kind of talk though so i guess you shouldn't take things so personnaly in this room or area or whatever this piece of cyber space is called.