hackish

Best 90 degree binder for Singer double needle?

I've read a few threads and contacted atlanta attachments to inquire about a binder. They want a bunch of samples and lots of time plus a good chunk of change. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a company that has already built a bunch of folders for the skydiving community and thus have a working design? I'm prepared to pay for it provided it works well. I've used a few chinese specials and they are worth about what you pay for them.

-Michael

Got off the phone with them. Nice bunch of old school people. I guess it's standard that everyone wants a bunch of samples to sew off. I had just assumed that what we were doing was pretty standard and thus someone would have a handful on the shelf already. $400 for a binder setup, better be a good one.

-Michael

Hi Michael,

better be a good one

IMO they are. But they are not cheap.

The photos attached are of the one that I had on my old Consew 339 machine.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) When I went to install it, I had to do just a small amount of grinding to get it fit just right. Not difficult for someone used to using their hands to do things.

Pretty big and bulky. I had one made by the late Ted Pullam. What a machinist/rigger. I will try to post picture. Simple, flat and half the size. Drill and tap 2 small holes in slide plate. Had it duplicated a few years ago from another machinist. He charged around $75. Worth more than the current commercial folders.