Jib

More Gun BS from Philly

They just had some Philly cops on tv that magically recovered an Ak with a 30 round magazine. The report claimed that the bullets can slice right through a bulletproof vest* and the cops complained that they didn't have that many rounds. What bullshit!

* The inference was that the ban made a difference in that regard.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

They just had some Philly cops on tv that magically recovered an Ak with a 30 round magazine. The report claimed that the bullets can slice right through a bulletproof vest...

Of course, virtually all rifle bullets will penetrate so-called bullet-proof vests, which really only protect against lower velocity handgun bullets.

So what they are implying, of course, is:
1) All rifles in America should be banned.
2) Only firearms which won't penetrate a so-called bullet proof vest should be allowed in the hands of civilians.

Yep, bullshit.

And they're pretending that during the 10 years of the ban, there were no magazines that held more than 10 rounds to be found in anyone's possession.

Jesus, I have like five 30-rounders for my Match Target HBAR!! All preban and perfectly legal to have during the ban! And my HK USP has two 13-rounders! Oooooh, such a danger to the cops from me, a law-abiding citizen!

They lie and pretend that they had nothing to fear during the "ban" period, and now there's all this horrific dangerous hardware suddenly come available again. Don't people see through the obvious fallacies of all this crap?!

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I had to turn my gun over to a Philly cop (long story, if you haven't read it on here, don't ask).

But anyway, it's a Glock 17. After the cop told me how screwed up it was that the court could infringe on my rights, and that he hates that he has to be a part of it he mentioned that I could get full cap mags for it (I turned it in with an empty 10 rounder).

So, don't judge all the Philly cops based on what you saw.

PA probably has the most liberal gun laws in the country after VT. However, Philly tried restricting those laws within city limits. That was challenged in the state supreme court and the city was forced to comply with the rest of the state (with the exception of open carry which is prohibited in city limits). But there are still some hard core anti-gunners in power in the city, particularly behind the bench.

They lie and pretend that they had nothing to fear during the "ban" period, and now there's all this horrific dangerous hardware suddenly come available again. Don't people see through the obvious fallacies of all this crap?!

I think that most non gun owning people think that the "assault weapon" ban is about automatic weapons, when it has nothing to do with them. Mostly thanks to the media helping the anti gunners out whenever possible. Therefore many people think the assault weapon ban was a good thing, because they don't have the facts that gun owners do.

Does anyone know the stats. on how many guns were sold since the ban was lifted compared to how many were sold right before the ban went into effect originally. I remember everone going out to buy guns before they were illegal. Some did it to keep 'em others to sell 'em at a big profit.
Funny how gun-laws put more guns on the street!

:o
--------------

The ban was based on date of manufacture; so, it increased the price tag. On the other hand, one manufacturer stopped making guns before the ban to make more high capacity magazines to stockpile. They may still have some left.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt