funks

OSAMA BIN DICKHEAD

What the hell has happened to this jackass? 99.9% of war related media is focused on Iraq. Why barely one mention of the mission to find Bin Laden? If we could find Hussein buried in a hole somewhere in the middle of his God foresaken country, why havent we been able to find this dickhead???

Isnt is the general consensus that Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11? Isnt it the general consensus that Bin Laden is still responsible for the majority of the terrorist attacks occurring around the world and the impending attacks on our country?

If we are in fact combing the countryside for this asshole why arent we being made aware of any progress?

Yes, Hussein had to be dealt with. He killed thousands upon thousands of his country's people. But guess what....Bin Laden killed thousands of OUR people and he is still running free.

What the fuck?

I'm no expert on the subject, so this is just MHO, but in Iraq there was a group of people ready to rally against Sadam. This helped with finding him. It seems that there is alot more people in AF who are happy to help OBL hide out in the caves of the country.

Fear not - we got Yamamoto, we'll get that piece of shit too.>:(>:(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

What if? Seriously?

What if everything we know is just a scam to keep us all under control?

We could play what if until the cows come home, but the reality is that we don't really know, but then again, there's no proof he IS dead, so that's just not something we should assume.

I think we should -assume- he's alive and still plotting against us until proven otherwise.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What if? Seriously?

Stow it, coppertop. :P

We could play what if until the cows come home, but the reality is that we don't really know, but then again, there's no proof he IS dead, so that's just not something we should assume.

I think we should -assume- he's alive and still plotting against us until proven otherwise.

Bin Laden is a 6'6" Saudi guy with "W" ears, a funny nose, and is on kidney dialisis.

Just find the skinny goofy lookin guy in a turban, attached to his luggage, followed by a faint bda beep, beep... bda beep, beep...
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>What the hell has happened to this jackass?

Our government has stated that they are just not that concerned about him. He has become a low priority target. In fact, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff has stated that it was never the intent of the US to get him.

Bin Laden is a sobering reminder that we are not as powerful as we think we are; we can't get anyone who attacks us. Expect to see this brushed under the rug more and more as election time approaches. Unless we capture him, at which point there will be many statements claiming that that was the plan all along, and our leaders never had a moment's doubt that we would capture such a vile enemy of freedom.

Personally, I hope we do get him, and I think he should be a far higher priority than he is now. The one thing we should never tolerate, ignore or give up on is someone who orchestrates an attack against the US. Capturing or killing him should be our highest military priority.

What if? Seriously?

Wow.

I am not assuming that Bin Laden is dead. How would I know?

My question was sincere. If Bin Laden has succumbed to his illness, then there is no chance that we will find him. Well, very little chance. I doubt Al Qaeda would be willing to reveal the grave site, knowing that it would be excavated.

We may be able to agree that he might be dead. If so and we knew this to be the case, does the mission continue, or do we call it off? If he is dead, there is still an organization there which lives on to carry out the ideals that Bin Laden propagated. If he is alive the threat is there, if he is dead the threat remains. The common denominator here is that the threat involves more than one man. The threat is greater than one single man. It is composed of many men.

Our President has been criticized for saying that we will put every effort into finding Bin Laden, as this was the perceived priority, and then later saying that capturing Bin Laden is not the primary objective. This may have been because he is a flip-flopper. Or it may be the case that the President came to understand that while Bin Laden provides an attractive target, his demise will not necessarily mark an end to the real threat.

I believe that we are trying very hard to find Bin Laden, but this doesn't mean that we will. It would be satisfying to know that he has been found and is currently living off of MRE's (ham salad :ph34r:) at a military base in Afghanistan, awaiting execution. But it is sobering to remember that at this point his capture and death will do as much to further his cause in the eyes of his compatriots, as anything he has done in his life.

So, it sucks that we have not found Bin Laden. It does. Should we let up? I don't think so. But his capture will not be the light at the end of the tunnel. Just a light along the path.

FallRate

"The one thing we should never tolerate, ignore or give up on is someone who orchestrates an attack against the US. Capturing or killing him should be our highest military priority."
Agreed, you guys need a head on a stick to begin healing from 9/11, I've said it all along.

I am dismayed to find out how many people have stood trial and have been found guilty for their involvement in 9/11 though....
Any guesses out there as to exactly how many people have been on trial and are incarcerated for this attrocity?
Anyone?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Expect to see this brushed under the rug more and more as election time approaches.

This reminds me of an appearance Alec Baldwin made on Real Time with Bill Maher. They were discussing media bias and Baldwin said that if a Democrat were currently in the White House, Fox News would start every broadcast with "Bin Laden at Large, Day XXX". Of course this was said to point out that the media (as he perceives it) was unfairly soft on President Bush.

But Baldwin picked an easily discounted scenario. Because it actually happened. Bin Laden did orchestrate an attack against the US while a Democrat held the office of President, the USS Cole (and a couple of embassies). And not only was there no question of why we had not apprehended Bin Laden, there was no question of why we seemingly had made no real effort to find him. And there was no outrage toward the Democratic President when it was discovered that his administration had the opportunity to take custody of Bin Laden when the Afghani government offered to extradite him, but declined.

So the current administration has failed to find Bin Laden. At least this administration is making an effort. If the issue comes up, the Republicans don't have much to worry about.

FallRate

Just an aside...
USS Cole was attacked in 2000 if my memory serves me well.
The next time you watch Silence of the Lambs, pay attention when Agent Starling looks up Lecter on the FBI's most wanted list website, right there in the centre of the screen is Osama bin Laden. The film was made in 1991.
Food for thought?

Okay aside over, as you were.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Cool, today's prize of a brand new pull up goes to a Brit.:)"Mounir al-Motassadek's original conviction was overturned by the German supreme court in March, because the US barred a key witness from testifying"

From the Beeb this morning.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3550560.stm
--------------------

Bin Laden is a sobering reminder that we are not as powerful as we think we are; we can't get anyone who attacks us.

First, I assume you meant to say: "We can't get everyone who attacks us." I take this to mean that we are not capable of finding Bin Laden, which may be true. Yet you say...

Capturing or killing him should be our highest military priority.

If you don't believe that it can be done, why would you make it the highest priority?

FallRate

Okay, set aside the republican/democrat thing for just a minute and humour me with this.

The point I'm trying to make is, the people who wish to attack USA don't particularly care about the incumbent's political flavour. All they see is a 'Great Satan' or whatever other name they choose to villify you with.
Dem, or Rep, are equally repulsive to someone who is prepared to take their own life destroying your freedom, or causing you discomfort.

Anyone who thinks you make a more or less attractive target because the administration has simply changed in personality is deluding themselves. Its the institution they hate, not the individuals.

Well thats the way I see it, as an outsider who despite minor criticisms, actually likes the majority of people who make up the great institution that is the USA.
--------------------

We may be able to agree that he might be dead. If so and we knew this to be the case, does the mission continue, or do we call it off?

The U.S. government has already assumed his death several times during the post 9/11 bombings in Afganistan. Whenever they did, he just popped up again on video congratulating some other terrorist attacks.

No. We should not call off the search based on the belief that he may be dead. We can only assume he's dead when we have some proof he's dead.

Besides, didn't you ever watch any horror movies? How freekin' often do you have to assume the bad guy is dead only to have him pop up again before you learn to finish him off the right way?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

We should not call off the search based on the belief that he may be dead.

Agreed. My quote: "Should we let up? I don't think so."

What I meant by "does the mission continue?" was whether or not the mission itself is larger in scope than the search for one man. I believe it is. After Bin Laden dies, the mission will continue in attemping to eliminate the threat that Bin Laden will leave behind, AL Qaeda. So it is fair to say that alive or dead, the real threat is the organization. Of course, Bin Laden is the head of that organization and it would be nice to chop that head off.

FallRate

>If you don't believe that it can be done, why would you make it the >highest priority?

We have certainly not yet been able to do it. That doesn't mean that we can't do it if we set our minds to it. We have a lot of power, but the best expression of that power is not bombs raining from the skies. Most Al Qaeda arrests have been pulled off by our allies; if we are to bring Bin Laden to justice, the best weapon we have in our arsenal is our skill at diplomacy, not assassination.

I don't understand how it can be hard to find someone who has to get kidney dialysi twice a week, or is on a perennial hunt for a series of new kidneys, and doctors to implant them.

Even if he has his own dialysis machine that his people truck around wherever he goes -- it's gotta be maintained, he may have to buy a new one every few years. It's gotta be plugged in to AC electricity. That means if he is out in the wilderness, his portable generator is gonna make a racket. If he is in town, people must wonder what the giant machine is, that 4 guys lug into his hotel room. Unlss he shows up at hospitals. Don't all kidney doctors have a picture of him.

Someone with no kidney function is just not terribly mobile and independant.