peacefuljeffrey

Make up your mind, you GUN BAN HOPLOPHOBES!

Cool thing about a gunfight is if you hand someone their ass on a silver platter the fight goes out of them.
It seems on the internet this is not true.;)

Thing is, an ideology can get you into trouble.

The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.

Its an idea or a hope, not something based in fact and ideologues try to espouse their position based on their feelings about how they think things "should be", not on how things really are.
Therein lies the problem. Liberals tend to be ideologues while conservatives tend to be realists or pragmatists. We think, while they feel.
JMHO, YMMV.

Hey All,

Thank You, Ron! A voice of sanity in the asylum.

This is the LAST topic I expected to see here. Unfortunately, many of my fellow jumpers, like most of the public at large, are seriously misguided. I feel compelled to speak up, especially after Ron's contribution.

Laws and licensing are meaningless in the real world. If someone wants to obtain one, on the black market, they can. Licensing only limits those that will explore only that route to acquisition.

Any border patrolman, dea or customs agent, or member of the Coast Guard can tell you; the smuggling across our borders is greater than what is admitted to. Get it? In terms of volume, the equivalent of aircraft carriers are routinely smuggled into the USA annually. (That's a hell of a lot!) What constitutes that volume is whatever is in demand; illegal immigrants, knock-off apparel, pot, C4, or, yes, guns.

Skypeople, do not allow yourselves to be pawns in someone's political agenda. Guns are here, they are always going to be here. We are more likely to be injured jumping than from firearms.

Let's all just get along, and maybe do a big way.

Blue Skies! Stay Safe!
Tom
You only live once. . . . Let's Rock!

What's wrong with a semi-auto rifle for hunting?

I'm not a hunter so I truly don't know.

I see. Why... um...why didn't that stop you from spouting off in opposition to them, then?

From my vantage point, hunting is a sport involving skill. Isn't it much more skillful to use a bolt-action, single shot rifle? Do hunters regularly need to pop off 10 rounds to hit ONE deer? Or, do I have it completely wrong? Is 'hunting' more about drinking beer in the woods with some buds while you generate 'shotgun fade' on transformers and fiber cables?

Just because you have ten rounds available to you does not mean you can't limit yourself to firing just one, if you're trying to "test your skill." What if, due to something unforeseen, you don't score a lethal shot on the deer? Maybe a second or even third shot might be necessary to keep a wounded deer from running off and suffering before dying.

The thin veil covering your hostility toward gun owners and their freedom to not have to justify the kinds of weapons they prefer is now transparent. You're already entrenched in your bigoted stereotypes of gun owners (implying that they are all irresponsible and break one of the cardinal gun safety rules -- that of not mixing guns with drugs or alcohol). Why bother pretending you're "neutral" on the subject. Just unload your actual true hostility toward gun owners and guns. Trust me, you'll feel much better not having to hold back.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

"Trust me, you'll feel much better not having to hold back."

Thats true, and its cheaper than therapy.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson