quade

GWB doing the right thing

I have to admit Paul, atleast you are honest enough to point out when you agree with a politician's action, even if you are from the other side of the fence.

I wish more people would be willing to do this.

Blue skies,

I was very disappointed when he made his initial comments about the recommendations on the day they were released. After this long and going to as much trouble and effort as the 9/11 Commission had gone through I wanted to hear something stronger than he'd "consider" the recommendations. This was a bipartisan effort and lot damn good one from what I've seen so far.

I'm happy to see that GWB is getting serious about their recommendations.

This isn't about "winning" it's about doing the right thing for the country.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I was very disappointed when he made his initial comments about the recommendations on the day they were released.

Actually, I can understand that. I wouldn't take what a congressional commitee declares to be gospel to be automatically good. I'd review it first, which he hadn't had time to do. I have been pleased with his statements since and his apparent willingness to implement some aspects as quickly as possible.

We'll see what his actual actions are, but as far as his response and apparent open consideration of the report without blindly endorsing it, I have no complaints. I'm hoping that our president will finally follow through on something that he's promised.