Jimbo

Chechen President killed in bomb blast.

Don't you just love it when they say things like this in the wake of something that obviously disproves it??:

Security was especially tight amid fears of terrorism after a series of bombings that have killed more than 300 people in and around Chechnya and in Moscow since December 2002. A bomb exploded during a Victory Day military parade in the Caspian Sea port of Kaspiisk two years ago, killing 43 people, including 12 children.

I mean, isn't the fact that a bomb was set and detonated proof positive that security was not tight -- or at least not adequately tigtht to do shit?

And elsewhere in the article they said that troops are "omnipresent" in Moscow, but then said that there are all these constant attacks and troops killed, etc.

This strikes a chord with that article about the guy with the souvenir bat who was shot to death in Chicago (land of handgun bans), because in that situation some schmuck with the city or the police said that there was adequate police presence based on the fact of how quickly they got there after someone was killed.

This bullshit is doublethink, people. Don't fall for it!

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I mean, isn't the fact that a bomb was set and detonated proof positive that security was not tight -- or at least not adequately tigtht to do shit?
-

If someone or group wants to kill a head of state they will do it. Just beacuase you 'think' there is never enough security or that security is never tight enough means little. Look at the guy who shot Regean, he just slipped right through the SS and shot the Pres. The Pope was almost killed too. Two of the best security teams in the world and they still got to them. Look at Yitzak Rabin. Now you have three of the best protected leaders in the world and they got to them. How about Pres Ford. Lady got one shot which missed Ford by a few feet, this is after Bill Sipple was wrestling with her. If he hadnt been there most likely Ford wouldve been shot. She didnt get a second shot cuz he jammed the trigger. Back in the 1990s the head of the German Bundsabank was killed. He had the best protection, best guards, best cars, etc. The car he was ridding in was top of the line mercedez armoured. I mean this sucker could stand an direct RPG and still drive and keep you safe. The front windshield weighs over 800lbs. Long story short a terrorist group made a bomb that would shoot a 100lb stainless steel projectile at an ungodly speed. They put this package on a messenger bicycle on the side of the road. Looked like your typical bike. When the car drove right by it someone detonated it and well the projectile went right through the passenger side, lifted the car over 25 feet in the air and flipped it over. Mind you this car is freaking heavy. The guy lived through all this but died due to blood loss from his injury. The drive btw was ok with a some minor wounds and burns. Experts later said that no armouring in any car wouldve withstood this type of attack.

Back in the 1990s the head of the German Bundsabank was killed

I believe you are speaking of Alfred Herrhausen. Details HERE

Yep that was him. I also forgot to mention an Italian magistrate Gianni Falconne. They put huge amounts of explosives in the asphalt. As he was driving on it they blew it up. Basically saying if someone or a group really wants to kill a head of state or important person they will do it. No matter how much security they have.

-

If someone or group wants to kill a head of state they will do it. Just beacuase you 'think' there is never enough security or that security is never tight enough means little. Look at the guy who shot Regean, he just slipped right through the SS and shot the Pres. The Pope was almost killed too. Two of the best security teams in the world and they still got to them. Look at Yitzak Rabin. Now you have three of the best protected leaders in the world and they got to them. How about Pres Ford. Lady got one shot which missed Ford by a few feet, this is after Bill Sipple was wrestling with her. If he hadnt been there most likely Ford wouldve been shot. She didnt get a second shot cuz he jammed the trigger. Back in the 1990s the head of the German Bundsabank was killed. He had the best protection, best guards, best cars, etc. The car he was ridding in was top of the line mercedez armoured. I mean this sucker could stand an direct RPG and still drive and keep you safe. The front windshield weighs over 800lbs. Long story short a terrorist group made a bomb that would shoot a 100lb stainless steel projectile at an ungodly speed. They put this package on a messenger bicycle on the side of the road. Looked like your typical bike. When the car drove right by it someone detonated it and well the projectile went right through the passenger side, lifted the car over 25 feet in the air and flipped it over. Mind you this car is freaking heavy. The guy lived through all this but died due to blood loss from his injury. The drive btw was ok with a some minor wounds and burns. Experts later said that no armouring in any car wouldve withstood this type of attack.

Okay, fine. I knew going in that determined people will kill whoever they want and all they need is the will to do it, some money, and an opportunity. My larger point is the ridiculousness of our government or authorities or police telling us that we the average members of the public are safe enough with the "protection" we get from the police; the idea is laughable. And in spite of how transparently bullshit it is, our public figures keep repeating this obvious lie to us, and members of the public (the ones who eschew gun ownership and say "that's what the police are for) go on believing what should not be believed, and thus leaving themselves more vulnerable than they have to be.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

you're right , but if this is true:

the bomb may have been buried in concrete as many as three months ago while the stadium was undergoing a renovation

i doubt any tighter security would have cought it [:/]

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."