JohnRich

Canada: Gun Registration Failure

Weapon law cannot get black market under control.
Neither here nor overseas.

But I appreciate it's so damned hard to get a weapon in hands on legal ways.

We both agree gun control laws cannot control the black maket in guns, so the laws have no effect on crime.

The disagreement is that you see a positive in the fact that it is difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain a firearm, where I do not.

Just have to agree to disagree there.

So there it is everyone, even gun controllers know gun control laws only affect the law abiding. Their only positive effect is making it harder for regular people to own firearms. The truth comes out!
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

So there it is everyone, even gun controllers know gun control laws only affect the law abiding. Their only positive effect is making it harder for regular people to own firearms. The truth comes out

You say only and only positive effect ?>:(
How many lifes will be saved only by this ?

your above text sounds like one of the quacks, I saw Saturday afternoon when I bought flowers for my mother, where I met my big boy buying flowers for his mother.... :D

just the imagination, that one of the hundreds of people on this crowded market (food, flowers, fish, a colourful market!) would carry a hand gun, and in case, he's stoned and not satisfied with the price of a chicken, he just will shoot around, aim to everybody, kill one or more people, probably my own sun??? Only because his "birth given right" allows him to carry a S & M or a Walter PPK or something else??

No, Kennedy, I prefer to know that not every fool (foll is not addressed to someone specific, it's just to mention) has access to a weapon. this is why I appreciate our laws. enjoy your own interpretation and walk around with your gun(s) B|

There are worlds between your and my country and minds, I'm afraid.

I think this thread is dead, starting to get boring.
There are so many others, it seems guns somehow are treated like toys! Weird.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I prefer to know that not every fool has access to a weapon. this is why I appreciate our laws.

But Christel, we've already established the untrustworthy people will obtain guns through the black market, so the gun control laws won't stop crime.

just the imagination, that one of the hundreds of people on this crowded market (food, flowers, fish, a colourful market!) would carry a hand gun, and in case, he's stoned and not satisfied with the price of a chicken, he just will shoot around, aim to everybody, kill one or more people, probably my own sun??? Only because his "birth given right" allows him to carry a S & M or a Walter PPK or something else??

Do you think everyone who wants to carry a gun will go on a shooting rampage because of the price of chicken? I suppose it comes down to how much faith you have in mankind. I trust people more than I trust government, that's all.

"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

But Christel, we've already established the untrustworthy people will obtain guns through the black market, so the gun control laws won't stop crime.

You'r right on that point. The other point you forgot to mention is as fllws (it's simple mind, but hey, so important!) :

The less people own guns ('cause they failed examinations, tests, permission declined for what reasons soever), the more other human beings will live. this simply is a math calculation.

Even I said thread is boring, would like to explain another point:

The normal failure rate at applicants on hunter's license could vary between 35 and 60 percent. Years ago, when I made my license, the failure rate was around 50 percent (and in this: 2/3 of women failed but this is another story).

During this period of hardest learning, training for about 9 months, I saw several applicants I deeply did hop they never will be allowed to touch any gun. This is little bit to be compared with the young, bold skydivers: These were young (often drunk) "bold hunters". Thank goodness!, after failing final tests, they did never return to try again (it's simply too expensive).

Just to consider one of these thoughtless idiots keeps a gun in his hands while he's drunken and feeling like John Wayne. >:(

(Pls do not forget: For someone over here holding a gun, a hand-gun in his hands, this must be a John Wayne-feeling! It is so rare, so special, meeting people which own guns! Only in the very first year, I proudly presented my newest conquest of a gun to closest family and friends. I will never forget the shocked faces of "whuffoes", believe me! Never did it again)

That's an important point (I mean these idiots). Prevented by gun control law (-right). This of course does not imply hunters are not drinking! They are, and me too when there are hunters' parties.

But there still is a big difference which is to be found in the applicant itself. I am sure you know what I mean.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You say only and only positive effect ?>:(
How many lifes will be saved only by this ?

This is laughably silly (and I'm not talking about both brand names being spelled incorrectly).

The entire point you are missing is that if such a maniac decided to shoot up your market over the price of a chicken -- this itself is a paranoid fantasy blown way out of realistic proportion -- if he's someone who's inclined to be this violent, he'll be one of the ones who got a gun from the black market in spite of your gun laws!

Why are you not able to see this? You have already admitted the fact that the gun laws don't/can't stop the black market, but you have not gone the logical step further and realized that bad people who want guns will therefore not be stopped by your silly futile laws and will always get the guns they want, regardless.

By the way, there have been lethal incidents of wild STABBINGS in settings like you describe. What about laws to prevent people from owning deadly KNIVES?

No, Kennedy, I prefer to know that not every fool (foll is not addressed to someone specific, it's just to mention) has access to a weapon. this is why I appreciate our laws. enjoy your own interpretation and walk around with your gun(s) B|

Your laws do NOT address whether "every fool" has access to a weapon, because if such a fool wants one and can't get one legally, he has those 20,000,000 illegal guns in your country to choose from. That ol' black market that you admitted your laws don't have any effect on.
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

OK, it's a Walther ... enjoy it!
Reply in German and I will let you know what you spelled incorrectly. But your are not capable, right?

hey, deadly knives: This already is a part of new laws, you know! also in schools, this is a point of discussion.

Try to make my reply ridiculous, I don't mind that.
I really prefer to be here in considerable safe country.

I love to live here.
B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The part where I criticized the spelling of the guns was a minor part of my post -- but it is the ONLY part you really responded to.

I wasn't picking on you, and I realize that English is not your native language, and no, I can't speak or write German. But please, realize that there was a much more central part of my message that you conveniently ignored. Why won't you face the actual issue?

-
-Jeffrey

Do you think everyone who wants to carry a gun will go on a shooting rampage because of the price of chicken? I suppose it comes down to how much faith you have in mankind. I trust people more than I trust government, that's all.

But she knows her fellow country people better than we can;)
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

But she knows her fellow country people better than we can;)

I think the world knows them well enough, too.

-
-Jeffrey

(Pls do not forget: For someone over here holding a gun, a hand-gun in his hands, this must be a John Wayne-feeling! It is so rare, so special, meeting people which own guns! Only in the very first year, I proudly presented my newest conquest of a gun to closest family and friends. I will never forget the shocked faces of "whuffoes", believe me! Never did it again)

Maybe it's a John Wayne feeling when you aren't allowed to deal with firearms on a normal level, it's is not for me. A firearms is a tool, nothing more. For a time, I handled firearms more days than not, and it was not a John Wayne feeling, it was a feeling of responsibility.

I wonder if the removal of firearms from everyday use and their attributed mystical powers are related....

Maybe if guns were treated more like tools and less like magical items, people would be more likely to act responsibly around them and less like a John Wayne character.
witty subliminal message
1*