NeilRobertson

Amputation Lower Left Leg

Hi there;), I am busy with my ISP and have a lower left leg amputation. It doesn't worry me at all, except that I'm a bit awkward exiting out of a full load on our C206T ( not enough room to get my leg bent under me for the exit.) I am also not a small jumper, 100kgs (220lbs) and 1850mm(6ft2in). Was wondering if there were any others out there with a similar situation.B|

You're not alone by any means. Mike Boland (MX757 on here) is a left arm amputee and member of the amputee skydivers group "Pieces of Eight". PM him! I am sure he will pop in here and respond to your post pretty soon.

I'd say there are more than 20 amputee skydivers.

Blue Skies!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks, nice hearing from you. where and how do I here about these?

I found this site through Google:

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/students/lane/Po8.htm

When you look at the first picture, you'll see mx757 stooping right behind the front row in the blue/yellow jumpsuit and sunglasses, partially behind the guy in the green jumpsuit.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

B|Thanks, the article is very interseting and I would love to meet with "Pieces of Eight" some time. Could anybody tell me when there next meet is and where. I would really like to meet up with them.

Mike (mx757) can definitely help you get in touch with them.

mate worm ere from oz ,,had my left leg done on a base jump 99, and the same as you.sounds like you are talking about front door 206 ,, if so all you have to do is plan the jumps with you being outside formation,ie the right side, and get outside first,
my history started in 86 and now have 8500 plus jumps and all the ratings and still teach crw and canopy handling ere in oz , do you know anyone in the uk with a tandem rating as im trying to find out how many tandem amputee masters there are around the world......
my email [email protected]
be well worm f458

Thanks for the info, managed to get the exits right on the weekend, by siiting in the door with my one leg out and kneeling on my good knee and then launching myself out with my left hand. Worked very well.
Sorry can't help you with the Tandem instructor question, maybe some one else can.B|