SkySlut

The Search...

I just wanted to mention Skydive Universty's "The Search". I went to it this year (it's their 2nd one) and I had one of the best times that I have ever had!!! The whole program is 20 jumps, which you make with you own coach (some of the best in the world). It is their Basic Body Flight course. If you have ever been on a jump and couldnt figure out who was moving in the formation, this is the best way to hone your skills because you know that your coach isnt moving!!! You get to work on everything from the basics to superpositional moves. You are there for 4-5 days and they take you to the wind tunnel and they have seminars (canopy control, skydiving psychology, competitive info, etc.) They also have manufacturers there so you can demo different canopies, rigs, altimeters, etc. The people there were great and it was a total blast! I would highly recommend that you go if you can next year if you want to work on your skills. Thanks again Skydive U.
PS. they have a raffle at the end and they gave away about 30 prizes to the 50 participants selected. I won 50% off a Javelin!!!

It cost $1,100 bucks and worth every penny!!! You started every morning at around 7 and ended at ???. There were always post jumping activities, seminars, wind tunnel, tiki bar. At the end of the week I needed another week of vacation to rest up! It comes to $55 bucks a jump.

Nah, the wind tunnel is extra...unfortunately. If you go with the Skydive U staff, you get 10 minutes. I cant remember how much they were charging but it was cheaper than what the tunnel normally charges and you get free coaching. I ended up going to the tunnel as soon as I landed in Orlando. I split 2 15 minute blocks with a buddy of mine. 10 minutes is a good amount of time, you typically go in 2 minutes at a time. You really dont want to go in too long, you start to get tired and sloppy so you dont learn as much, but you could get more time if you wanted to or go on a couple of different nights.

hehe, One of the guys on my SCR load had just gotten back a couple days before from a week at Skydive U. (I think the same program that you were talking about). He crashed the formation pretty hard, but luckly we held together. It was kind of funny, all the old-timers were giving him hell for it.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.