diver123

Who's Counting

I'm a bit confused, and maybe amused all at the same time. I was just reading a post in the gear forum and it said something like this: Someone was asking about a specific container and one of the replies was like; Yeah, I've got 50-100 jumps on one of those... What's the deal with that? How can you have 50-100 jumps on anything?! Either you've got a certain number or you don't, right? Whatever, just thought it was a little weird.
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

maybe the person has more than one rig? maybe they have access to more than one rig? Cause if this is the case, and they know that they got the one container say 6 months ago and then maybe proly jumped about 100 times since those six months, then they might figure that about half or more of the jumps were on the one rig? I dont know. just like trying to solve riddles like this one.
froggie

maybe they have like 4000 jumps and can't even count how many 20 ways they have been on. I know lots of guys with tons of jumps that have been on so much different gear they'ld probably have to look in there log book to let ya know what they jumped a year ago. Mostly people like this generalize because well... they can.
peace
Edited by jayhfx on 3/7/01 11:39 AM.

As the one who said 50-100 jumps, I feel I must defend myself. I posted a response in the gear forum, but I will post it again. I don't log type of container, just main canopy type/size. I have approx. 250 jumps on borrowed/rented gear and couldn't tell you how many on what kind of container. And to further confuse you, the 250 could be off by 50 jumps in either direction also.
pull low, it's higher than you think

Even though I think most of us here log every jump we make,
there are jumpers out there who don't bother to log for whatever reason... I can see someone like that saying "50-100 jumps" on whatever cuz they have nothing to refer to to get an exact #...
pull and flare,
lisa

Sorry Grasshopper, I wasn't trying to come off as being a prick. The people of DZ.com raised a lot of valid points in regards to my statement. I didn't mean literally that I couldn't ever see this happening, but generally I keep pretty accurate figures on most things like this. IMHO, I think attention to detail is pretty important, especially doing what we do. Anyway, I'll be sure and take a little more time before issueing a statement like that again. Hope there's no hard feelings.
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

Even though I think most of us here log every jump we make,
there are jumpers out there who don't bother to log for whatever reason...

This is true, and even though I don't have hundreds of jumps yet I'm one of the latter unfortunately:(. I have eventually remembered to log them in a couple days later or something but for some reason, right after an awesome skydiving day, I'm just not thinking about logging it in my book. He he he, I also still have the log book you get for free in AFF:)Much love and blue skies!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/